Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC Typing bubble
The little bubble that pops up over your head is nice. Unfortunately if you use macros to open up text boxes to type into (like any person who's ever played any other RP game on byond) instead of writing in the command bar, the little bubble won't appear and you're stuck doing it manually. Which at that point, since you're already mousing over in that area, you might as well just click in the command bar and type there instead.

Thus, I suggest: Have the Say/Emote/Shout/Whatever-else text windows activate when open and deactivate when closed. Pretty please!
This has been requested before but it is not something that is possible.
Not to argue or anything, but I've seen it in other games. That being said, if it isn't implementable in this one so be it.

Counter suggestion: Have a verb for the bubble thing so I can macro it.
You can make a macro for the chat bubble with the command typing-toggle. Should work fine for what you need.
Thanks Miller! Big Grin
I'd be interested to know which games do that, because the only way I can think of to do something like that (without it being a little convoluted) is to disable the ability to type into the text box directly.
Roleplay Tenkaichi has that. You can also type into the command bar if you want, but I don't think he has the typing-bubble thing working when you do type down there.
However, the actual coder-owner stepped down a few months ago. I've got him on steam if you want me to ask him.
I would be interested in knowing what their setup is then, because to my understanding, verbs that take arguments don't actually trigger any instructions when they prompt the user for inputs.