Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Opinions on the current state of GMs
Thank you for the swift replies from the GMs on the matter, I'll be honest this was probably not the kind of post you'd want to find yourself opening the forums to. With that in mind, it's really appreciated that you took your time to give replies.

Now, of course, as I would have expected, it is not inherently the fault of the current, existing GM team entirely that we are in this situation. One of the many reasons I would not elect to say that any of them are doing their job wrong or anything. I honestly expected there'd be reasons for almost everything I pointed out.

Again, no obligation to be active or engaging. It's just better for the community and such for them to have a team engaging with them, making itself seem more approachable to help deal with the problem of people not wanting to come forward, somewhat. Engaging comes in different forms, though, so depends what suits who.

I do believe getting some kind of logging system and all that lot would be super beneficial and all, so hopefully whatever comes of that won't make itself an absolute pain to use, since it'd need to be convenient and functional for it to not add just more stress onto the workload.

And again, I'll say that I am personally advocating for new blood in the ranks. Now, the usual problem with this is, well... who exactly do we even suggest? I'd imagine someone somewhere is always going to disagree with someone else's choice. I'm sure if we get new blood there'll be a good way to decide who, though. Least, on the part of Dev.

I'll be looking forward to the possibility of good things, and a lot of things brought up here could really help ease concerns that, while I have been seeing them recently, have been around longer than that.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Ah yes, the good ol' "Highschool treatment". I think Drez's kind of right. The community gotta grow up and move forward too from the 'old days' (Which by the POPE, it wasn't as severe as nowadays, feels like the newbies are getting corrupted by the unsolved past problems of the veterans and reveling on it, getting tainted for no reason but lasting grudges or moods).
Can't shirk all to the GMs like they're God, and for a team that was originally (from my days) 2 people, which whoop-de-doo, multiplied by a massive 200% of people in the staff!? They've been doing a fine job at keeping the game together when Dev's not looking.

It's like Joshua Graham's words. "We can't expect God to do all the work."

Really. Protecting this specific behavior of seclusion and secrecy, saying that people shouldn't stick their necks out and grow some backbone "because it might make them shunned by the community" or "To avoid problems caused by being blunt" will just make them comfortable being silent or limited to their little sugar bubbles and unable to protect themselves when the time comes even before the problem becomes a problem, and it will just result in more people becoming little frightened hares for the GMs to pat and take up arms for.

Which well, just kicks any concept of self-worth in the bullseye of the victim's balls. Atleast in my point of view. A lack of self-worth was what made a lot of bullies get easy prey on the concept of 'highschool'.
And one way or another, whoever reported will be found out anyway. This community is like a small desert town where everyone knows every on-going and if something bad happens, we can merely find out by striking from the small list of 'who would have done it'. Which also, in the end, might be wrong, and create more and more misinformation and metagrudges. Which is pretty counter intuitive. So in the end why not just be open anyway?

And community-chan, listen to your old boy Kuan. ThE nExT gM 2021

It's even biological! If somewhere aches, there is a problem there. Is it a friend/person? If they're hurting you they're not your friend, even if they don't mean it. Is it an embarrassing situation? Get the fuck out from there. Is it RP? Remember that no one here is writing for cash, we're writing for fun and to pass our times, you can just leave. You can report. You don't have to put up with shit that you don't want.

So? It's as simple as that, put a foot down and set boundaries. Don not fear pain, it is merely a tool of warning. If anything don't fear anyone or anything, NOBODY owes you nothing, even if you think they do. Value is something that's more personal than you think. If you're feeling bad with something or someone, it's not your job to be aching forever to 'keep things alright'. You have more value than you think you have.

Pain in general tends to be inevitable, but suffering is optional. And I kinda hate to see some people who can't crack this simple code.

Anyway, I wrote beyond the thread's best interests so 'mineth sincerest apologies', but god I wish people heard me more when it came to those things. When you're the 'clown' of the server you tend to pay more attention at what makes people smile or not, and I've seen a lot of frowns lately for these reasons.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Balor, Noxid
"Why not just be open anyway?"
Is easily answered with this community being very extremely two faced. I have been part of many discord groups and still am, even though as a Silent observer...Some may say Ninja. But something thats typical in those groups is that they trashtalk each others on one end, and act as BFF when on the other. Its funny to read man people in some of current discussions preaching A, when they are litterally main culprit of what they just stated.

that being said, many people do not handle stress well. Many people cant "Confront" stress. It makes them uncomfortable, blank out and anxious. Expecting them to go out of their protective bubble of silence is asked too much. I know you can to a degree, then again? You are the same when you face something and become "Silent" or purposefully ignorant yourself. Sometimes that is indeed the better option as well. Stress Sucks. Not confronting it is less of it actively on your mind.

So the fact that you do the opposite of what you preach here as well, in many cases...Its not "Wrong" to do so. Some people simply handle those things differently. What I can offer and have offered in the past however is...If you(general you, as in anyone reading this) have concerns with this community, and notice just how two faced they are? You are allowed to DM me and speak to me, I do not turn people away that have genuine fears and worries. And if you feel like something needs to be said? I can offer my face/name for it to be made known. I literally don't give a fuck what this community as a whole thinks about me.

I can also handle the peanut gallery coming from it.
Still better than victimizing themselves like they have no worth.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This timeline of 2020 would have never happened if we just didn't kill Goku.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Akame, Snake