Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Re: Opinions on the state of the game
Alright, alright, alriiiight.   I've only got a few topics here I want to hit on personally at the moment, so here goes.

Conflict rules

While I do understand the idea of adding rules of engagement, I have my concerns in the fact that adding too many 'you can't do this ICly' rules limits what is ultimately supposed to be a 'you can do anything in your power' style of game. While certain things like attacking a city might require oversight of a GM, I'd suggest setting a simple guide-line for affecting other players like some other RP games have. Mostly things along the lines of 'don't try to permanently cripple someone you have little reason to cripple'. Robbing someone shouldn't turn into a case of them losing 2 arms and a toe, generally. Not hard rules, but a guide-line to follow with maybe a way for victims that feel they were unnecessarily shafted in an encounter can maybe contest the results, in hugely-flawed cases.

This would hopefully serve to make the scene-lock idea seem less like a borderline death sentence for the victim, as well.

Character progression

There are a whole heap of flaws involved with tying character progression to GMs in any way, as well as just a personal preference from me that something like that doesn't happen. Here are a few notable examples:

- Shy players would feel discouraged from contacting a GM to try and get their progression.
- People likely won't like having their OOC build connected to IC, especially when OOC builds are tied to other things, such as an ability to get a house via buying asagos from other players, buying furniture, guild charters, etc. It's harder to build that money at level 30 than at level 60. Also, some players are non-combat ICly and I feel this unnecessarily ties the two together.
- It feels like an unnecessary new job for GMs. That would be a LOT of reading.
- Compounding with the earlier sentiment, if a GM isn't around, you're stuck waiting longer.

It's an issue, sure, but I feel like adding more blocks of any variety isn't the answer.

Also as an added note, I feel level 60 characters appearing isn't what makes characters feel ephemeral. It's the fact that they can disappear with no notice, never to be seen again. Strong people existing elsewhere and appearing for the first time is normal in a world like this-- the world is vast, and knowing everyone is impossible.
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Opinions on the state of the game - by Neus - 10-22-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Re: Opinions on the state of the game - by Mr.SmileGod - 10-22-2020, 06:46 PM
RE: Opinions on the state of the game - by Shujin - 11-12-2020, 07:28 PM