Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Re: Opinions on the state of the game
So going to make this short.

1. If we're to make a difference as players in the world we need a more accessible venue to the lore in game and out of game. The wiki lacks details and a player shouldn't have to search through a lore question thread for confirmation. As an Eventmin trying to work with people many are unsure what makes 'sense' in the lore. So often many just don't do anything. While some may think more details is a bad thing. It creates a creative border to build within, and is more satisfying than making an attempt and being told 'no this doesn't work.'

A Google doc, or some form of compiled information of what details you have set in place that can easily be accessed at a whim. Would be a godly tool for newer players.

2. More transparency between GM's and the Community is needed. While I have spoken to a few of the GM's and have been on good terms with them. The community is detached from them, and they from the community. As Walrus says, not many of them are active on the game. The submission forum would be a nice change of pace, or even a monthly newsletter.

3. The community doesn't want a harder grind. Levels or mechanical rewards are not going to inspire people to stick to one character. Roleplay does. A sense of weight on the world. I believe point one would remedy this issue, because it would allow people to feel more comfortable pursuing a goal in the game. Because they would feel confident setting an objective within the world, and reaching out to achieve it.

4. If you wish to give us more mechanical challenges. Legend Ink rewards for Laplace Quests would be nice. Meaning that people aren't going through the tedium of legend extending over and over again. Perhaps even Laplace quests that grant players the ability to forge a singular 10*. Giving them a feeling of sentimental value. The level cap doesn't need a raise, and the grind doesn't need a change. Mechanically we just need more to do rather than recycling old content.

5. The Conflict and Rules of engagement stuff I like. Antags tend to get dogpiled from my experience meaning that often they shy away from public displays. Being able to lock down an engagement so long as both parties are consenting is the right way to go.

6. I feel that people are too harsh on the OOC crowd. When the server is full of up to 50-70 players online. We often blame the 5-10 that are taking a break for the day in the OOC corner. I feel like there are different problems afoot, and taking 30 minute breaks to just chat up people before I go to bed. Or go to run errands is a luxury I feel people are making a scapegoat. OOC shenanigans can be an issue. But I don't think they deserve to be homed in on as they have been.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Balor's post:
  • Mewni

Messages In This Thread
Re: Opinions on the state of the game - by Neus - 10-22-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Re: Opinions on the state of the game - by Balor - 10-23-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: Opinions on the state of the game - by Shujin - 11-12-2020, 07:28 PM