Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lumina Ceres - Application for Flight
[Sorry if this is not quite the kind of detail needed, or if things feel like they're in the wrong place. Aside from the template there were no examples to work from!]

Applicable BYOND Key - Maritime Strategist Apple
Character Name - Lumina Ceres
Request Type - Character Application

Request Details - Would appreciate the opportunity to give this particular character the ability to fly again. (See below for more information) - Pretty much works the same as would with a corbie, but with an upkeep that makes it less practical for just getting her around and more practical for short bursts of combat and just doing it out of comfort to feel like herself again.

Reason why you are making this request - After a whole lot of character development, this flightless bird (A corbie both in IC and Mechanics) should get an IC chance at being able to soar again. She's been practically doing whatever she can to get back what she's lost.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Lore: For context, this girl is a corbie who lost her natural wings in an accident that left them tattered and worthless. Needless to say, she's lived quite a bit of her life in a state of distress over the implications and how she was treated over it.

Roleplay: Picked up on aeromancy magic in an attempt to find ways to get herself into the air, has hard focused the idea of going airborne again, though has had a time in the arena where she may have let her own trauma get to her in an attempt in a spar. Her lack of wings and how it has made her feel alienated has been a big part of her roleplay, forming the basis of why she used to hide behind her paper mask, even.

Got herself a set of artificial wings made - mostly for appearance and all, to make herself feel closer to what she should have had all along, and now attempts to use them in hopes that they'll help her feel even somewhat close to complete again.

[Unfortunately I don't have RP logs - never expected an application form and I never really collect logs of my characters much. If need be, information can be shared of witnesses to Lumina's IC in such ways to help verify stuff.]
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Not too much to say about this one, considering you've asked about the topic around this character and I gave my thoughts on it, which I'll post here for those unaware:

Quote:Taking into account stuff like skyburn and the new feathers of mercury existing and some of the implications, I figured I'd ask the GMs about something that'd affect my character's IC in future. (I'll also drop Winged Spear as something that apparently can make people capable of flying too, so if THAT exists... (Yeah I completely forgot))

Basically, how realistic could you make a pair of fake/artificial wings look if you can make them at all? And how useful could you ICly make those wings, really... in comparison to say someone who just naturally has wings?

My concern is more appearance but I figured I'd look into functionality to see how much my character would be able to consider that

Quote:Okay, these are gonna be fairly vague answers.

I imagine you could make them look decently authentic but they'd falter on closer inspection. In the case of things like feathers of mercury, winged spear, skyburn, etc. They'd obviously not look correct given they're attached to your shoes, your weapon and are literally flaming.

Effectiveness wise, I'd say they stack up poorly compared to natural wings. Flight (in my opinion) is a pretty taxing process focus wise to replicate. Where I'd say you could fly for hours with actual wings, fakes or alternative methods of flight probably only last for minutes.

As long as you're keeping these limitations in mind (that it's easy to notice they're not legit up close and will only be useful for minutes at a time), I don't think there's a problem in me approving this.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slydria's post:
  • WaifuApple