Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaen Philiopator - Necromancy Adventures
Applicable BYOND Key - Golden Kira

Character Name - Kaen

Request Type - Character Ability

Request Details - Hello hello, I'm here looking to get my character approved to begin his study and adventure, into that of Necromancy. To start into the lore dive and get a foothold into the depths that surround it.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - My character that I'm requesting this ability for, has in character reasons to seek out this power. As well as the background history, and his homeland to give him starting lead into the art.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Kaen is a man that has been surrounded by two truths in his life. One is that the world is what you make of it. If you have the means to do something, then the world will support you. The second truth came after he was adopted by his father. Power is the key to all your problems. These concepts have shaped the character into a seeker of knowledge and collector of ability that revolves around his skill set.

That said, when he was a child, he lost important people to him by unnatural causes. Which led to his adoption into the Philiopator family. Through their money, he was given a good education in both the family trade, basic studies, and as well in the arcane. Which led him to the trail of Necromancy, as he took more and more interest with the Loyrwell Tomb's situation. From there, I'd like to start off his steps into these dark arts. I've gained the Necromancer's Staff Icly on my character, and I also have been looking into it's properties as a major tool for the skill.

The character's drive to begin learning this art, is to never lose someone ever again. Even if it's a tad morbid..
I don't mind approving people wanting to be Necromancers.

While our knowledge on the subject is admittedly limited, there's a couple of things to keep in mind; Necromancy is very much illegal so the resources on how to perform the dark art are equally forbidden, most discovered tomes on this knowledge would either be locked away as contraband or have been outright burned. Of course, since you plan on utilizing the Loyrwell Necromancer's weapon, I don't imagine this to be a hurdle for getting your foot in the door but it's something to keep in mind if you plan on expanding your horizons with texts on the matter.

And of course, it's recommended you avoid practicing in public unless you want to draw unwanted onlookers.

Keep us updated on where this ends up going, particularly if you plan on raising an army of the dead down the line.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]