Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yui Yamamoto - Animated Staff
Applicable BYOND Key - Sennaloves
Character Name - Yui Yamamoto
Request Type - Unique Weapon (Cast tool)
Request Details -  Yui is using what's called a possessed animated weapon (Similar to the animated sword monster mobs). A weapon built with features and so on for a spirit (Haunted soul) to take control of. The weapon is mainly used as a casting tool for the young lad's Hexer magic, helps him combat other spirits or empowers his hex magic ICly. While the weapon itself can be considered 'alive' due to the following above, it can't perform any major activities (Such as hurting people on its own) as well as it can't 'survive' too far away from Yui. 
  • Mini Player Made Event: Due to what was shown in Roleplay & Lore, I do plan on having mini-events to match. Indeed, due to their weak spiritual resistance, I'll allow the Staff to also be able to possess them if they're not careful (Via using Death Knighting).
  • Of course, this will be running with people who wish to take part in it and not force whoever isn't.
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - While I was originally working off the logic of the enchantment (Haunted Soul) and the animated weapon monster mobs, I do wish to make sure I'm not breaking any rules with it. I’ve already been RPing this casting tool but not to many. While I thought it wouldn’t be too serious since it isn’t doing anything beyond what the game allows, I should have run this idea by the GM prior just to make sure nothing is wrong with it.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request
  • Lore: I'm more working off the Ritual scrolls, animated sword mobs, and the enchantment Haunted souls.
  • Roleplay: The character is supposed to be an exorcist (Duo with him and his sister), but due to his weak spiritual endurance as well as presence, he was given the possessed staff. The staff was made to combat spirits as well as aid him with magic (Cast tools). While it does aid him in the cause, it looks for the time to strike and possess his body, and it's strong magical capability. To make use of the strength the lad refuses to utilize.
  • Further details into the reason for the staff. They belong to a family of Shrine maidens and exorcists. To maintain this family tradition, his father spends years of his life studying hex magic and creating this animated Staff with the aid of his comrades in Karaten. While his father assumes the Staff will mainly help the lad with the family's career, he's unaware of the repercussions of doing so.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I think the idea is fine.

Small, unimportant note: I find it a bit odd that the father who's an exorcist, has spent years studying hex magic and helped make this staff is unaware of the repercussions of using it? Won't impact approving this but just thought I'd point it out.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]