Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Draft - Conflict Guidelines & Scene Locking Rules
I feel like there is simultaneously a lot to unpack and not much to it. The rules work but I feel many are inelegant in their wording. I'll break down what I feel is positive and what I find negative with an arbitrary pros and cons.

Pros:

- Defining the severity of losing prior to serious PVP requests is a good and needed change.
- Scene locking does encourage more antags to antagonize.
- The changes to Undying Races and their immortality is necessary and will change interactions for the better.

Cons:
- The use of soft language for defining scenes is not ideal. 'May consent' or 'May play along' is unclear and given how these rules are seeking to define encounters. A player must, or must not give consent. Rather than 'may'. Since the clear implication is that you are giving someone a choice to 'buy in' to the scene as it were.
- Levels Of Consequence should ALL BE DECLARED in LOOC. Not just level 4. If there are going to be rules, they should not be left to IMPLICATION.
- Scene locking allows people to further exclude people from interaction.

I think that with some refining the rules can assist with RP, and we will get a better idea once people apply them to public incidents. Overall we're looking at a solid framework.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Balor's post:
  • Dystopia, jintheblue, Mewni, Noxid

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Draft - Conflict Guidelines & Scene Locking Rules - by Balor - 11-09-2020, 10:59 AM