Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Draft - Conflict Guidelines & Scene Locking Rules
Just wanted to quickly chime in and say that I like most of what I see in the draft so far. There isn't much room for me to be nitpicky. I feel that the time penalty is fine where it is.

I think Level 3 danger consent should be stated in LOOC just like Level 4. A character losing a limb can be more important than it seems at first.

I agree in that there should be some sort of mechanic that helps show you're currently scene locked, so it becomes far easier to tell with a quick glance. Kunai mentioned a 'RP Mode' and I think it could serve just fine in SL2 as well. I think how it'd work is like this:

-You toggle the "RP Mode" somehow, either through a verb or an easily accessible button located in your game screen.

-This places an icon overlay on your character that is small enough to not be jarring, but is also noticeable enough that people can tell at a glance you're scene locked. (Maybe a small thing in the top right of the 32x32 icon map, like a sphere that has the letters "RP" or something like that. If it looks pretty, that's a bonus.)

-I also think a toggle like this should be able to prevent you from getting into mob encounters to an extent. By that I mean that it should only stop you from bumping into mob encounters outside of dungeons. This, in my mind, includes custom mobs and Black Beasts, since sometimes people just want to be that character in the sidelines commenting / watching in panic or something like that, rather than fighting the threat themselves. I'm aware there's a "force encounter" tool, but it's not always used! The "RP Mode" toggle simply not working inside dungeons would prevent most abuse.

EDIT: The button could be in the same line up as the coin toss and dice roll buttons.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fern's post:
  • Dystopia, K Peculier

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Draft - Conflict Guidelines & Scene Locking Rules - by Fern - 11-09-2020, 10:09 PM