Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Draft - Conflict Guidelines & Scene Locking Rules
SL2 has been needing this for years, but there's a couple of issues that need to be addressed before these rules are implemented.

As far as I understood the draft, if you're playing a villain, and you decide to gank someone, and win, there's nothing stopping you from simply putting your character into hibernation whenever someone tries to find you, resulting in an effectively immortal goon. This is particularly bad in the events guards need to come looking, because slapping on an OOC-tag grants you immunity to any form of repercussion you might incur.

We already see this with many of the supposedly big, scary terrorist organizations, where they'll peek out to bushwhack something, and then vanish off the face of the planet, leaving a majority of players without any form of retaliation unless they happen to be in with the group running against said organizations in their events. I have no faith that this won't happen on a smaller scale, even if the community tends to be fairly behaved.

In my opinion, there needs to be a safety net in case someone games the rules, because from experience, it will happen. Furthermore, as a guard, and a long-time one at that, it certainly wouldn't be the first time we've searched for someone who just gave us the response: "Sorry, I'm OOC right now." whenever we'd try to bag them. I would have suggested that only people with OOC in their name/alias could be given that kind of benefit, but that makes it awkward, given you'd need to run to Dormeho every time you wanted your tag on, or pay out five bucks for instant immunity.

I can offer no immediate solution to this, but it's something I wanted to bring to attention, because no one else has, yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like MakeshiftWalrus's post:
  • Jupiter_Storm, Noxid

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Draft - Conflict Guidelines & Scene Locking Rules - by MakeshiftWalrus - 11-10-2020, 04:15 PM