Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selena Niauta - Spirit Channeling
Applicable BYOND Key - Trapple

Character Name - Selena Niauta

Request Type - Character Ability (Spirit Channelling)

Request Details - Heyo, I'm looking to get my character approved to basically temporarily (A few minutes) take the appearance of a deceased person through the means of spiritual possession (Essentially allowing the deceased person's spirit to possess her), of course, it wouldn't be something they would be able to pull off constantly due to how taxing it can be both mentally and Physically. It would also have risks if not performed right or it was interrupted by anything. It would take a great deal of concentration or focus to even pull off.

Risks would very likely include things such as being deemed a 'witch' or 'cursed' as well as mental exhaustion and depending on how persistent the spirit would be could probably lead to more permanent damage or temporary ones such as Amnesia. Of course, standard Spirit Possession risks would also apply.

This would be undergone in a very secure place (A room in a player house that would be locked from the inside with a key) that would only allow three people in the room, that being the Spirit Channeler, Those who request the service and someone to ensure no Illegal activity happens as well as ensure the channeler's health.

This would strictly be for Roleplay & Flavour and would offer no Mechanical benefits or boosts in any shape or form.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - My Character that I'm requesting this ability for, has been training for this the type of thing for the Majority of her life as part of her tribes Spirit Medium teachings ICly.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -
  • Lore: I'm working on this based on Spirit Possession.

• Roleplay: As part of the teachings of the tribe Selena comes from, this would have been thoroughly touched upon and would be taught as a 1 on 1 type of thing. It's no secret that there are rumours within the tribe that these types of teachings have been happening. Due to how young she is, the risks would have been basically 'drilled' into her in order to prevent permanent damages.

These teachings would be considered Myths if not stories to most if not all people outside of the tribe. If anyone was to actively even try and find these secret teachings, those that already knew the technique would be at great risk (things such as Kidnapping) by assassins, Terrorist groups just to use the Spirit Channellers knowledge or even their skills to their liking.

Anyone that would entertain such a thought or the idea would be considered a laughing stock or just outright bluffing.

I am fully willing to negotiate and clarify with any GM(s) reviewing this either by Forum PM's or Discord (Aqua#4529) whichever way is easier.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Having a spirit possess you is all fine and dandy but I'm not entirely sold on the idea of it also changing your appearance. Could you elaborate on how you envision that particular detail working?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Alright so I failed to clarify the whole 'Change appearance' in my original post which is a fault on my end but it'd be nothing major like a full change in body type or anything of the sort since after a few days of mulling it over led me to believe it's near impossible for it to happen, it would be more simplistic and minor changes like changing the eye colour.

The way I'm honestly envisioning this particular detail working is basically like shapeshifting where instead of using Youkai it would use a spirit, of course, it wouldn't shift into the spirit at all. I don't really see this working any other way really.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Okay, in that case, I think minor physical changes while possessed like this would be acceptable.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]