Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban
(11-13-2020, 03:04 PM)jintheblue Wrote: Detema received a single mute prior to the ban. After their recent ban they were given no explanation for why they were banned. It is clear Detema assumed the reason for the ban was the same as the reason for the mute, a singular use of vulgarity.

For the sake of clarity, as the one whom issued the mute to Detema at the time, it wasn't for using a singular vulgar word. It was the repeated behavior around it, and a total lack of respect for other people in regards to the language they used. Detema had previously been requested not to use derogatory language when referring to other players multiple times-- not by GMs, mind, but people in the crowds they frequented. 

Detema completely ignored their requests, and it was then brought to me, whom brought it further to the rest of the team to discuss it. We agreed it wasn't the kind of behavior we wanted to endorse.

So, as a GM at the time, I issued a mute when I caught it in OOC, and requested they straighten up, and conduct themselves in a manner more appropriate.

That's all I wanted to clarify. I had no hand in whatever happened here, I'd already put in my resignation by the time this happened, but I felt it relevant to share, as the one whom handled that part.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban - by MakeshiftWalrus - 11-13-2020, 03:54 PM