Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban
In general, I'm really, really afraid of posting on the forums and general interaction to the player base. Since I'm not directly involved, I won't directly interact with any of the specific points of Slydria's post nor will I mention much of the actual original post contents. However, I really do care about the player base and the individual and community health, so I really want to mention something.

We're a small community, and even one person having a negative reaction to something, posting about it akin to a misunderstanding, and keeping it under wraps, will cause a very harsh cascade of things if it's not handled well. I've had it happened to me, and I know others had it happened, where one person's dislike due to a lack of a greater picture causes a group of people's dislikes due to a lack of greater picture, and due to a roleplaying community's requirement of being collaborative, and our small size, things like this can be horrible for us.

Slydria's point on proper communication avenues, especially attempting to avoid the "game of telephone" is a huge thing. Hell, this is a huge thing in communication in general. But in our community, due to our reliance on collaborative efforts and our small scale, this is magnified tenfold. Slydria always asking for the original person of worry to speak for themselves in most situations is huge in this case.

We really have to try to be good to each other. We need to assume the best of each other and understand that due to our environment this is just short of a requirement for us. If someone is truly intolerable, please attempt to let others make their own judgement on their own. If it's against community guidelines, please report it not for the purposes of seeking a ban, but seeking reciprocation and a better overall community environment.
[-] The following 2 users Like GameMaster85's post:
  • Dystopia, SevenHaven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban - by GameMaster85 - 11-13-2020, 05:53 PM