Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isshin - Clan Request
Applicable BYOND Key - Dattebane

Character Name - Bokuden, Isshin

Request Type - Character History

Request Details - I would like to request that my Character be a member of the Yut Bloodline.  (With an interest in potentially acquiring Braver down the line. )

The reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I know that I cannot claim to be from a Major House or Clan without the express approval of Staff. And would like the opportunity to play a member of Clan Yut on a pilgrimage of self-discovery.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Clan Yut is known to have an honorable warrior culture. As my character concept currently stands he would embody their beliefs in mercy, honor, and their respect for Swordsmanship. Also with the mention of them being trusted mercenaries and the like, I believe it would be more than reasonable to claim that my character was born to the bloodline, whether it be by a distant cousin to the current leader and heirs. I would request to be a Cousin of the current clan heir. As I would not be stepping on any toes lorewise. 

(It is confirmed Braver is cared for and protected by the Yut clan, a long term goal of this character is to earn the right to wield it.) (However, I understand if this aspect of the application is rejected. As it is asking quite a lot and there is little lore on the weapon as it stands.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Boomkiller's post:
  • FatherCrixius, JamOfBoy, Sarah54321
Alright, I think a cousin wouldn't be too close to upset the established noble house guidelines, so I'm fine with approving that part at least. Please make sure to give the Yut family and Noble guidelines a read-over!

Guidelines: https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=1767

Onigan Nobles: https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=1768

That said, the Braver will have to be a separate matter. We don't know terribly much about it other than it's Ryart's sword and it's in the possession of the Yut family. Perhaps it's just an ordinary sword or perhaps it was blessed with Ryart's power when he became the Gold Dragon. It's a very prized possession either way and I would imagine treated more like a ceremonial possession than a tool for battle. Given the reverrence the Yut family has for honor, I imagine asking for the sword would not be taken well, cousin or no.

I'm not saying it can't happen but I feel between not knowing enough about the sword itself and not knowing how far you'd have to go for the Yut to grant such a request, I can't say yes to such a thing happening yet.

Otherwise though, feel free to start on the character.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Boomkiller, Snake