Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Writers Read Me Please) What do you want from Roleplay?
Alright, might as well get a post in here. I'm Appo, one of the (current) event runners, though a bit of a somewhat reserved, shy individual. God knows how those two things match up well together, but I guess I haven't done all too bad, really...

Writing Style: Honestly I find myself varying quite a bit depending on how much I'm invested and the amount of motivation I have at a particular time. I hover somewhere between para and narrative normally, though can push to reach the longer end, novella, with a single partner or small group, and similarly the shorter end if there are just too many people to keep up with. Could say that makes the situation kind of dynamic, but I much prefer being in the middle ground, where there's not too much text on the screen to process, but just enough to be properly engaged with.

Genre: My calling in this regard... varies. For my own characters, I usually find quite a bit of enjoyment in the more romantic side of things because of how much I like playing cute characters that are just made for adoration, practically, saddled with some action sometimes (though I don't indulge in this nearly as much, unfortunately, due to the pain of getting operating builds for characters making it usually out of my reach, least for me). I'm no good with general slice of life - sometimes it can feel like a wheel of whether you're going to mingle with someone good or somebody you might not engage with. Though, to be honest, it can also be nice sometimes. It can just be... stressful, at other times.

In my position as an event runner, I just like putting out action for people - things that challenge characters to be scared, intimidated, or to take things seriously. I like to do things that may make an impact. Leave other people to depart with something to remember. So for bigger things I try to go for stuff like that.

Doesn't mean there probably aren't fun ways to enjoy another genre for me, of course.

Development: I honestly will usually plan specific character goals in the first instance. Something to strive for that gives me a reason to log on a character. Something that one can progress to - something they can achieve. I don't like playing characters that don't exactly go anywhere whatsoever, or can't because of restrictions. But usually, this comes in the form of mental development, like confidence being built up. Course, I like to develop alongside others, and often reach out to others people have pointed out to me as friendly, approachable, and fun. As such, I tend to explore development around people like that. There's also a large part of me that has little confidence in my pace in development so it's nice to have these people keep me in check.

What do you want to be known for?

Honestly, I just want to make the people I enjoy spending time with smile. I want to feel like I'm making people happy, and just in general being viewed positively. To be honest, I like having the adoration of the people around me and feeling as if people appreciate me and what I'm doing, if anything. Not everyone will, but being able to hear people patting me on the back and telling me "You did good, honestly" is nice. Course, that extends out to my duties as an eventmin. I want to see people happy. I want to see people enjoy themselves. I want to look out for what's best for people, even if I might be misguided or have a bad way of showing it at times.

And honestly, that's it. I mean, I guess this is just a bit about myself as an RPer at this point but it seems like that's what this is all about. Course, what I say about myself and how I am, and what others say about me might be different. I don't know, I can be a little bit self-deprecative sometimes, and get myself down.

I play this game because despite all it's flaws I enjoy it. I enjoy the locations, some of the people I've met, some of the classes there are... I like this game. I like the people I RP with on it. I know it's not perfect, and has some glaring flaws... but honestly, there's no game I'd rather be RPing on. I've had my good moments and my bad moments on the game, but have always returned to make another attempt if I found myself losing heart with it or falling down.

Thank you.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 3 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Jupiter_Storm, Noxid, SevenHaven

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Writers Read Me Please) What do you want from Roleplay? - by WaifuApple - 11-18-2020, 11:46 PM