Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Writers Read Me Please) What do you want from Roleplay?
The time has come.

So, I've been playing SL2 for almost a year now, and am mostly pleased with my experience in the game. It's far from perfect, but the good moments I got out of this little community are something I relish. A lot. Mostly because when I see writing tropes and things like CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT I fawn over it and love it to death. But anyway, let me go at this one at a time.

Writing Styles - I take what I can get, depending on the situation. I'm going to echo what's been said here before and say that I adapt to the number of people present, with text length lowering as people present rises. There is one exception to this, and it's when someone challenges me by whipping out their big weewee and fill my entire chat box with a post. I will respond in kind, do not test me. That said, I usually prefer longer posts when I can help it, even if a one liner is needed sometimes. Sometimes you just gotta go;

"That's kinda sus, homie."

And boom, you've successfully instigated a barfight between two people in a shady Law's End bar. Fun stuff.

Genres - Yes. Give them to me. I take any and all genres, and enjoy them more or less depending on my mood. That's not to say I don't enjoy all of them, of course; but if I'm depressed and someone comes at me with the most happy-go-lucky innocent bean, something in my brain decides it doesn't like that. Why? I dunno. I'll still enjoy it anyway.

That said, I do have a soft spot for both romance and mystery. When I tried (and spectacularly failed) at getting my first event chain going, I had (and still have) a little notepad file FULL of everything I'd ever need to know while people investigated my mystery. Which was great and all until I figured out it had a massive plot hole. Oops.

Development - I live for character development. When I first started playing SL2, my personal character development in writing was absolutely abysmal. Since then I've learned way more than I bargained for when I came here to improve my writing; which was, of course, one of the reasons I decided to play SL2 in the first place.

I absolutely love watching both my and other characters evolve. I often have those moments of "Oh shit, that's some good ass character development right there. Oh yeah. Fine piece of work." and then proceed to ogle at it for extended periods and try to commit it to memory. Did I mention how much I love character development?

What do I want to be known for? - I never planned on becoming much of anything when I joined the community, for better or for worse. I just wanted to improve my writing, have fun while doing it, and meet some new friends. Learned a hell of a lot more than that in way more areas, but I welcome it. Though, now that I think of it, and given the chance? I'm the semicolon guy now. No one can stop me. Why semicolons? Why, you fool! These things are gifts from god, given you know how to use them. Say, you want to keep something going, but have used too many commas and can't write your way out; just throw a semicolon in there. Fixes everything, or your money back; guaranteed. 

TL;DR Semicolons are gifts from god himself and I learned a lot playing funni byond rp game, getting more than I came for. Also I learned  how to put long funni bars in my forum posts. Have fun.
[-] The following 3 users Like SevenHaven's post:
  • Jupiter_Storm, Noxid, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Writers Read Me Please) What do you want from Roleplay? - by SevenHaven - 11-21-2020, 07:34 PM