Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Build You A House! (The Current State of SL2's House Building)
(11-28-2020, 02:39 AM)Kiss Wrote: All I can say is I struggle to build a NORMAL house (Or map in specific). I often time just opt out of buying furniture because the amount of effort to run around like a headless chook, buy furniture, grind for the money and then realize i need to put something away or I missed a furniture- Anyway yeah. I am 100% down for the Planner, hell you can bump the price up of it  too if you want to compensate for free furniture. Say like 600 Asagos or hell even the first 10$ Item. Im sure people wouldn't mind paying 5 more bucks for free furniture.

On a semi related note- can I always ask a suggestion for perhaps changing the way the DISCS work too? Perhaps an easier way to just view them all like how the Furniture catalogue would work instead of just clicking through each one individually. Im sure someone has a better way of explaining it but its important to the discussion!

I'd guess this is more a UI update for the Build menu, which I'd totally get behind. At the moment, for low end PCs, it takes a second or so before it can load any discers if you're opening the tile or wall tab, assuming said discer has a lot of content in it. I could get behind this!
I can't really agree more about making building easier or at least more similar to before. There are a lot of great and creative builders and currently they're being very limited due to how much more expensive building something complex is.
[Image: tenor.gif]
It's been a good while since the thread was made, so I'll be bumping it to life! Maybe with how long it's been, house builders have had ample amount of time to feel out the current state of house building? Feel free to share your thoughts if anything was missed!
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
Honestly, the more I build in this game the more and more I feel this is necessary now, and I already thought it would be so appreciated. Going back and forth between the house trying to furnish things has become such a hassle that it's often a toss up between that and overindulging in furniture to make sure I have enough for a particular build - only to have gotten too much and wasted even more money.

And with taxes, that honestly adds up. Building a house right now, and furnishing it, is too expensive and too tedious to work with. If nothing else just having an item with portable access to the discer chest would suffice.

I would also SERIOUSLY recommend exempting the discer chest from tax. It can be overwhelming, especially when forced to grind for something that costs real money to even own.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Tamaki-Kun
We can talk about the price of furniture coming down slightly with respect to taxes being a thing now, but there's no timeline where furniture becomes free. Not only is that a rather extreme suggestion, it'd also be unfair for people who have invested a lot of resources into their houses.
(01-06-2021, 10:36 AM)Neus Wrote: We can talk about the price of furniture coming down slightly with respect to taxes being a thing now, but there's no timeline where furniture becomes free. Not only is that a rather extreme suggestion, it'd also be unfair for people who have invested a lot of resources into their houses.

It doesn't have to be free at all! As was suggested, a furniture catalogue that we can buy with Asagorians or Patrions can keep it fair for everyone involved. Lowering the price down would really only be a small band-aid fix to most of the problems we've mentioned in the thread so far. 

I've built several houses that exceeds the cost of more than quadruple the amount of a house ticket in terms of Murai(and sometimes in terms of Asagorians too) and I would actually personally love to see this as it fixes all the problems I've had since the update before and after.

It's already drastically expensive to build houses in the first place, now there's just way too much issues for house builders to deal with. (i.e. walking back and forth between asago buildings. And the other furniture shops too.) 

At the very least, I guess putting a Murai price on the catalogue's furniture is a decent middle ground, but you'd already be paying for the catalogue itself with Asagorians/Patrions, which is what most everyone agreed is the best place for it.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tamaki-Kun's post:
  • Miller
I don't particularly mind if it still costs- the numbers coming down would be nice, for sure, but the main, main problem is having to go back and forth between asago and one's house every time you want to buy some furniture and place it down. It makes the whole thing feel like a fetch quest, because you can't always have a list of what furniture you need EXACTLY when you go- to do that much is just kind of a hassle for every single floor made. Back before the change, people would have an alchemy table on hand to place and craft from, so most of their furniture was accessible in the house while working on it, while still costing the same in resources.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Miller
Quote:I don't particularly mind if it still costs- the numbers coming down would be nice, for sure, but the main, main problem is having to go back and forth between asago and one's house every time you want to buy some furniture and place it down. It makes the whole thing feel like a fetch quest, because you can't always have a list of what furniture you need EXACTLY when you go- to do that much is just kind of a hassle for every single floor made. Back before the change, people would have an alchemy table on hand to place and craft from, so most of their furniture was accessible in the house while working on it, while still costing the same in resources.

This, a furniture catalogue that just grants remote access to the discer shop/furniture store would be a godsend for any builder.

It's a huge waste of time to have to run back and forth between an Asago bank and your own home, especially if your house is located somewhere far away from said bank. (IE: The back of Alstalsia or the bottom/top left of Chaturanga)