Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character height request
Applicable BYOND Key - G.o.Backhanding
Character Name - Rem Monstaff
Request Type - Height
Request Details -  
Simply I am requesting to have permission to create a Dullahan standing at the height of three feet tall even at furthest if allowed.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - 
For a while I've discussed the idea of making a very short Dullahan with my friends in the game, and the want of this for me has grown more and more to this point where I am asking for permission to do so. With how Dullahans are usually thought of and seen as these massive possessed suits of armor, I thought it would both be humorous and interesting to see one with a smaller frame.
Rem always has had a superiority complex before she had fallen and became a dullahan, when she awoken in such a small state after having been naturally above average in height compared to her peers, she felt as if it was punishment of some form for why she had been put back into such a small state. Because of their boastful arrogance they had refused to provide assistance to one practicing dark magics, even if it was something simple, and because of this Rem was poisoned while eating a meal at a tavern, ending up trapped in the small form as a form of petty revenge from the individual that she had declined helping.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -
With how Dullahans are bound to armor, it wouldn't be far from unthought of for armor to exist to be that small, even if just for decoration purposes.
Okay, whenever someone has asked us in the past for height much above or below the height restrictions, it would come with an explanation for why they're short, rather than simply being short for the sake of being short.

It doesn't have to be a particularly deep reason, even if it's something along the lines of my character was originally a Doriad, which are naturally shorter or my character was stunted at birth but still always wanted to be a knight or so on but tragically became a Dullahan after a great battle, that will do fine.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
(11-29-2020, 12:02 AM)Slydria Wrote: Okay, whenever someone has asked us in the past for height much above or below the height restrictions, it would come with an explanation for why they're short, rather than simply being short for the sake of being short.

It doesn't have to be a particularly deep reason, even if it's something along the lines of my character was originally a Doriad, which are naturally shorter or my character was stunted at birth but still always wanted to be a knight or so on but tragically became a Dullahan after a great battle, that will do fine.
I have added a deeper reason for why the character would have become such a small Dullahan.
Erm, sorry for being picky but I meant I was looking for a logical reason specifically like "I am short because of my race, I am short because I was born with a defect, I am short because I've been cursed."

I don't think the process of becoming a Dullahan itself would shrink you. If you wanted to use that sort of hook for this, I'd suggest something like separating the two things as different circumstances (as in there's the event that caused them to shrink and then the event that resulted in them becoming a Dullahan.)

For example, let's say sometime before becoming a Dullahan, they encountered a witch in a dive bar. Your character acts in his typical boastful and proud manner which unknownst to them angers the witch, after a night of drinks and putting up with it, they finally have enough and decide to shrink you with a curse as a form of punishment.

Then later on in life, they gain a reputation as a short knight much to their dismay, they tragically perish in a fierce battle but due to an unrelenting desire (like say a deep desire to prove that despite their new height, they are worthy of being a knight), their spirit clings to their tiny armor.

Obviously that's just an example but I hope you understand what I mean.
(11-30-2020, 12:54 AM)Slydria Wrote: Erm, sorry for being picky but I meant I was looking for a logical reason specifically like "I am short because of my race, I am short because I was born with a defect, I am short because I've been cursed."

I don't think the process of becoming a Dullahan itself would shrink you. If you wanted to use that sort of hook for this, I'd suggest something like separating the two things as different circumstances (as in there's the event that caused them to shrink and then the event that resulted in them becoming a Dullahan.)

For example, let's say sometime before becoming a Dullahan, they encountered a witch in a dive bar. Your character acts in his typical boastful and proud manner which unknownst to them angers the witch, after a night of drinks and putting up with it, they finally have enough and decide to shrink you with a curse as a form of punishment.

Then later on in life, they gain a reputation as a short knight much to their dismay, they tragically perish in a fierce battle but due to an unrelenting desire (like say a deep desire to prove that despite their new height, they are worthy of being a knight), their spirit clings to their tiny armor.

Obviously that's just an example but I hope you understand what I mean.
Alright, added a more logical reason to it.
Alright, consider it approved.