Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niche Skill buff! (Dodge passives and similar)
The game with all the reworks has become quite the flood of skills, that you can't reasonably build for to have enough slots for.

Many of the newly added Skills cost 1 SP, and 1 Skill slot but they are extremely rarely used making them "Deadweight" in a huge majority of the fights you get into.
Here is a list of skills I propose one simple change for:
make them max level 2, and make the second level not cost a skill slot when equipped. Allowing you to spend a valuable skill point into a passive skill without entirely gimping your other options for something thats possibly not coming into play and reduces "Pre battle swapping".

Dodge builds already have to spread these stats around a lot. Having their dodge skills actually be there for the rare times they need them is probably going to help them a lot with the already limited skill slots.

Curate:
-Grace of God

Martial Artist:
-Evasive Strike (This one is probably the most useful one, but still only works on real dodges.)

Rouge:
-Empty Pockets (This is probably one of the worst. Extremely niche)

Evoker:
-Evoke Retaliation (Evoker have it hard enough to dodge, +10 power/crit isn't that OP either.)

Engineer:
-Security System (Also a good one if it works, but very tight conditions too.)

Verglas:
-Brain Freeze (also way to RNG heavy to be useful considering the condition)
-Chimera Stance (Okay this one maybe not. But I feel like its so essential for Verglas, that it might as well be an innate/no sloter. Only reason why I even line it up here is because of how stupidly skill slot heavy verglas is.)

Bonder: (maybe?)
-Contract Uno
-Contract Tres (Since their whole mechanics are basically centered around this, to begin with? I think its worth spending a skill point in exchange for a slot, but I am indifferent towards those two. At least they are not niche.)

Boxer:
-Krahenflugel (come on, dodge boxers have it hard enough.)
-Kid Gloves (They are just flavor for the most part to begin with.)

Firebird:
Kagero (VERY niche limited not only by an enemy having Riposte-likes and triggering it but also feathers.)

I believe thats all. Might have forgotten some.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Perdition
Honestly, I'm of the opinion that most entirely passive skills shouldn't cost skill slots to begin with given the amount of "must grab" skills that tend to be spread through passives that require slots. For example, look at Endurance from Hexer. It's """just""" a 10% HP gain, which is obviously really good, but at the end of the day this is an entire passive stat bonus. Soldier's 75 HP bonus passive, while not as good as a flat 10% bonus, is still something that requires no slot. It feels like there are inconsistencies when it comes to which passives are slotless and those that take slots.

Outside of passives with toggles, ideally I'd like to see things like those listed in the above OP to have extra skill points to make them slotless, or make them slotless entirely.