Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Solo Leveling? More like none (Class Board UI Thread)
I like the new UI for the class board, it's good even if it needs getting used to. But, it has one problem
[Image: unknown.png]

I have no idea what my levels are.
I could just go to Stats and check from there, but what about the other classes? Most importantly the base ones.

If I could suggest: Adding the levels Somewhere in there, so we don't have to keep alternating between tabs like Stats and Class Board especially when it lags players with low end PCs like me. (And also it'd be alot more quality of life for a lazy ass like me)
Follow-up Suggestion: Resizing some of the text and icons down a wee bit so we can maybe fit in stuff at the side too like Skill FP cost or a Skill's Rank next to a skill's name.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Ham's post:
  • Akame, Boomkiller, FatherCrixius, GSM
Seconding this. I have a higher end computer, but somehow the new UI change felt like a step backwards for clarity and compatibility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GSM's post:
  • Ham
I don't like the new UI. The old class menu was readable and while it could've used tweaking as it is now it's cumbersome.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Balor's post:
  • FatherCrixius, Ham, Maksimum_Fire
Sadly, yeah. Even if ugly and not so up-to-date, it had the most precious thing games lack nowadays, which is clarity. You never had to scroll with your mouse wheel back then. But times change, and SL3 approaches...

EDIT: I gave it some thought over after looking. Maybe if you hover over the class it will show a pop up with its level and experience like the Character Stats one? Some classes' names are too big for it to be displayed smoothly like Soldier (LV1), like Grand Summoner for example. This could also be a thing in term of the skills, giving them some general information like it's SP level/SP max level, as requested.

It's big brain time, Dev!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Ham
The old hud displayed the class level(which was important)
The old hud also displayed how much move each class had, some classes having 4 some having 5, etc(Also important) So unless all classes have a universal move, Removing that info was also bad.
The old hud was also organized, You had attack skills on the left, Passives and innates on the right. Now it's just a square of skills cluttered together.

This class hud change was a HUGE step backwards. The only good thing about it is i can click on skills to add to my pool rather than dragging them. Saves a little time there.

If i could make a suggesstion, Put the Class level, Class xp and movement back in. Just doing that and the new hud is nearly perfect. Also, Organize the skill list like the old hud did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yashatari's post:
  • Ham
(12-14-2020, 04:14 AM)Yashatari Wrote: The old hud displayed the class level(which was important)
The old hud also displayed how much move each class had, some classes having 4 some having 5, etc(Also important) So unless all classes have a universal move, Removing that info was also bad.
The old hud was also organized, You had attack skills on the left, Passives and innates on the right. Now it's just a square of skills cluttered together.

This class hud change was a HUGE step backwards. The only good thing about it is i can click on skills to add to my pool rather than dragging them. Saves a little time there.

If i could make a suggesstion, Put the Class level, Class xp and movement back in. Just doing that and the new hud is nearly perfect. Also, Organize the skill list like the old hud did.

Generally I agree with all of these points, I tried to make these clear in initial discussion but all of these points I would like to see returned.

Those being:
-Class Level (Relates to certain mechanics such as with Engineer)
-Movement (Generally useful information)
-Organization, given the placement of each of the skills it created an easy to understand overview of the class' skills, making learning it a lot easier overall.

One more thing I could suggest:
-A button that allows you consume a fruit of forgetfulness and a pie of forgetfulness.
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Balor, Ham, Sawrock, Snake
I added the ability to check your level and EXP by mousing over your main or sub class icon. I also added a respec button as requested.

As far as organization goes, I don't think it's really an issue currently. The skills aren't thrown in a random order, they're shown left to right in the same categories they were separated in. You could argue that it's slightly less visually clear and you might be right, but I do not think it's particularly worth the (extensive) effort that would be required to change it - it would require a bigger interface window, require manually positioning every class's skills (the old format would not work), and essentially reprogramming half of the interface. Again, at this time I don't think it's a wise use of hours for something that isn't really a functionality issue and more of a preference one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neus's post:
  • Autumn, Snake
(01-05-2021, 10:19 AM)Neus Wrote: I added the ability to check your level and EXP by mousing over your main or sub class icon. I also added a respec button as requested.

Thank you.

I still feel something is missing sadly, and again I don't really dislike the newer interface, Possibly resizing the icons and text abit down as previously mentioned to fit in FP cost and whatnot could work.

Oh and, maybe for clarity and those who prefer the older interface there could be a setting to change between both? Much like how we did with the New Chat and having the option to use the Older one, etc. I know it'll be extra work but it's better than entirely replacing it when it's still abit under construction.
I personally feel like setting a precedent of constantly splitting new and old like this is just going to be wasting time that could go on other things for something that is preferential, not functional. I don't think it's a good idea, personally, when it's something can surely get used to with time.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Sorry, I don't think so. I'd rather we have the option to choose than get it completely replaced to something that's not a in a very complete state at the moment.

Sure it can be always changed and some stuff can be added to it Later, but again, until then, having the option would be ideal as to not be encumbered of having to test in other ways rather than quality of life stuff we were used to. I don't think there is any real rush for SL2 to keep updating for it to focus on important stuff and not stuff like this, hell I'd call this important, so 'the time spent on this could be spent somewhere else better' argument is a weird one and I'm going on a tangent but I digress.

All in all, I'm one of the people that doesn't give a shit about classes and the fighting system and how it changes, but I ask it to be looked into again if even someone like me found the encumbering feel too noticeable. That said, again, I'm not saying I dislike the new UI.