Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnet Shell is not heavy enough
A follow up thread to the last one, where Knockdown was removed completely from Magic Gunner's kit. Silence was a good trade for knockdown, but the lack of said status effect now made them significantly weaker against enemies who can just rush down their way, since they can't stall the enemy for a single round before being ran over by a combiner of autohits.

Could we get Knockdown as a sub-status for Magnet Shell's Overcharge effect? It was never really 'op' anyway, you're using 6M to reduce 3M from the enemy if they're not a Martial Artist.

Magnet Shell doesn't really do damage, so I believe it will be weaker than before when you could stack up knockdown, silence and a whooping unresistable sound damage, but atleast it would allow MG to combo with classes that make use of middle-combo knockdowns, which is why they should have the thing back.

TL;DR

Magnet Shell's Overcharge effect should pull all enemies in 5 range who are afflicted by Magnetize towards the main target, then inflict knockdown on all of them. Perhaps also do Earth Damage similar to the other shells if such utility is not satisfying enough.

I don't mind the gravity debuff effect being removed for it. Such effect is already simulated by Vamp Shell anyway.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, Cerrik
I think Magnet Shell gaining a Knockdown effect on the overcharge somehow is not at all a bad effect for it to have, it makes sense thematically and it separates Sonic Shell's old overloaded KD + Silence + hesitation combo into 2 separate shells sharing the same overcharge cooldown, I think it should just have knockdown straight up following along the Magnet Well debuff or replacing it entirely, as it is a little it outdated at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Cerrik
Another idea is just replace Gravity Well with Graality's effect, for a new utility.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]