Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Textbox Update
It's a small suggestion for a big boost in quality of life.  The textbox we use to type in-game is very cumbersome to navigate due to being a single line window.  If it could be increased in size, adjustable in size, have a scrollbar, or all of the previous ideas would be awesome.

I wanted to keep the primary suggestion on the top line so I'm putting the specific gripes below this so a more informed design can be derived.

1) To scroll through the single line textbox, we primarily have to click and drag backwards through the window and release at roughly the right spot.  You have to time the release to get the right spot which is obviously not ideal.

2) If you typed a long post and wish to review it, you have to copy and paste the whole thing into a new window and review it there.  Fixing a typo is a pain because of gripe #1

3) There's an alternative that people use where they type and enter "emote" to pull up a large textbox to work off of, however few people know about it (I forgot it existed until I talked about this issue with someone).  The big textbox also does not automatically indicate you are typing unless you manually press the speech bubble button.  That is roughly three extra steps to work through for every time you want to type with a large enough textbox.

So that's all I have!  Extra quality of life is always welcome and I know many likely detest gripe #1 alone.  Gripe #3 isn't a valid enough solution due to the extra steps.
[-] The following 8 users Like Cerrik's post:
  • Akame, Autumn, Fern, Lewdcifer, Miller, RoboCat, Shujin, Snake
Quality of life additions like this would be great.
I really see where this post is coming from and think it'd be a nice improvement to the quality of my rps. After the text bar is scrolled past a certain point, I feel like any typos I missed are just there at that point. So I like the idea.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
I would like an update to this as well. It's been far too long, and while it might seem like a very small thing in the grand perspective, it's such a huge improvement to quality of life it isn't even funny.
Speaking of, if there's going to be support for longer/more complex emotes... would it be possible to have a sort of pop out window for emotes where individual paragraphs have face icons attached to them? That would really sell the tactics RPG feel imo.
[-] The following 2 users Like Syeburn's post:
  • RoboCat, Snake
Can't you just type Emote and press enter?

And my only LEGIT concern right now is how auto-scroll requires two presses of a button especially in situations where you have to brb and don't want to miss from where you stopped, I wish there was a HUD button for that so we could toggle it easier rather than going through the drag of going to the menu and ticking it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • RoboCat
Also have always been wanting that, back then when the character limit increase was put in.

Also, proper formatting in the Large textbox option such as line breaks would be nice. But I remember dev saying that it's unfortunately not that easy for him to implement without removing the normal way to use the command bar or something?

So yeah, some alternatives would be nice. I remember someone writing large posts all the time, while having the tendency to fall asleep too using the text box<.< You never knew if he was actually typing or fell asleep cause he never used the bubble too. Not going to throw any shade on that person, but you hurt my soul.