Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purifying Aquae
This skill is severely disappointing, its basically not very useful in its current state, and I will explain exactly why very shortly. But I believe that Aquamancer's supportive qualities are mostly weighted on Call Storm being up anyways which is a pretty huge investment for the Aquamancer, it takes some building up to get to or literally being mono-classed to get it off from the start.

For one, a lot of its weight is put into the lvl 9 Aquae Crest effect, so much so that it cripples the skill otherwise, and is only useful if your intended targets only have 1 negative status on them (Which with things like Claret Call and Fleur is not very common at all). This skill is supposed to be a reactive one that is used to turn the tides of a certain scenario, and Aquamancer is not always gonna just be sitting on 9 Aquae Crest levels all the time, infact they uncommonly do from my experience playing it.

Secondly, a more major issue with how the skill functions, in its current state, selecting 1 high level status effect and reducing its duration is not useful even the slightest, some of the most important statuses in the game have extremely low levels, to put some into light:

-Interference is lvl 5
-Silence is level 2
-Knockdown is level 25
-Poison is level 15-30 generally, sometimes higher.

While knockdown and Poison arent quite as low, here's some more high level statuses that are far far more likely to occur in a fight AND interfere with any of the above statuses:

-Claret Call (Ranging from 1-40)
-Hunted (Ranging from 12-30)
-Magnetize (Ranging from 1-100+)
-Blind (Lvl 50)

I would be absolutely fine moving that Aquae Crest effect down to 3 levels instead, this skill needs to be able to be used on a whim, but I get that slapping cleanse potion on a skill is incredible worthwhile, but I would like to bring up the many downsides of Purifying Aquae compared to a Cleanse Potion:

-A WHOPPING 40 FP cost.
-5 Round Cooldown (Compared to Potion Sickness being 3)
-Is a spell and not an item, allowing one to be silenced/spell stolen to prevent it.
-Cannot cure uncurable status effects unlike cleanse potion

Thank you for listening, I realize this will sound very complain-y, but I'm doing my best to express how this skill fails to deliver its intended purpose.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Shujin, Snake
LV makes no sense in some of those statuses, also. What the hell is a LV25 Knockdown? What does its LV influence? LV5 Interference? The stat reduces all healing by 100% regardless of it.

But it's another can of worms that may need to be addressed in the future... Welp. Alas. I don't mind one bit if this skill just gets its cooldown removed, like good lord let's be real for a second. This is not balanced one bit in the favor of usability. You either give it huge FP cost OR huge cooldown, not both!

But idk, maybe the fact that it's skill points to be saved and put on more swole things like Water to Wine make me shrug and move on.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I thought I'd replied to this but apparently not, but I'm honestly here to say that I'm in support of this skill getting a bit of love and adjustment, despite being a recent release. Could stand to for sure be better.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity