Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Fandom Wiki
I think it would be cool to have a fandom for the characters in the game alongside the one about the game, it's something I thought about for a while due to playing a game where you were inclined to do the same thing. And while this game definitely has little to no problem world building I think it'd be interesting to see how different characters connect to each other and the lore. Of course, alts are a thing in Sigrogana but even at that with them being characters that play a role ICLY I think it'd be pretty cool to see. 

-this and also figures in the lore getting more written 'profiles' in a sense like being able to go on the fandom and read about the Emporer or church knights and even get a grasp of what they look like if the image for the page is just even a silhouette pulled from a manga page, idk how that side of things would work assumingly that needing to be added in by gm's, dev, and very knowledgeable players but yeah...I just like the gist of the idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ace's post:
  • FatherCrixius
This sounds pretty fun to me! My only real concern is the thought of people possibly metagaming things, but I imagine people would likely get a choice in what does get in. Might be wise to ask for permission from people to put information in if someone does it. Unless what's being proposed is more so for the SL2 lore characters, then disregard what I said (but as I understand it's possibly both?)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
(01-09-2021, 03:45 AM)Fern Wrote: This sounds pretty fun to me! My only real concern is the thought of people possibly metagaming things, but I imagine people would likely get a choice in what does get in. Might be wise to ask for permission from people to put information in if someone does it. Unless what's being proposed is more so for the SL2 lore characters, then disregard what I said (but as I understand it's possibly both?)

Yeah, I was referring to both Lore characters and player characters.
Quote:This sounds pretty fun to me! My only real concern is the thought of people possibly metagaming things, but I imagine people would likely get a choice in what does get in. Might be wise to ask for permission from people to put information in if someone does it. Unless what's being proposed is more so for the SL2 lore characters, then disregard what I said (but as I understand it's possibly both?)

I don't think there would be any real point in adding this? There's the whole thing of metagaming if you add player characters into such a thing. Sure other things like the Emperor and the Church knights I'd understand, it just seems to me that people who do willingly are just allowing for this all to be taken IC, which by just reading this information of someone's history doesn't give the overall benefit or point of learning about it ICly. Not to mention the amount of work that would even have to go into this, to begin with:

- Find the player that plays the character
- Finding the said character's history
- Writing it so it's lore friendly

Aside from that, I'm personally heavily against adding 'Player Characters' to a fandom just to be potentially meta gamed to hell. Personally, if you want to find out how other people's characters connect then ask them?

TL;DR I don't want this to seem like I'm coming off aggressive or anything, just wanted to express in someway that this is a bad idea imo.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Aqua's post:
  • Ace, Sawrock
I don't think this really needs to be a suggestion. Personally, I'm on the fence about this (because I can see it from both sides). However, it isn't Dev or the GM team's responsibility to accommodate this. If Dev really wished to do this, I'm sure he'll chime in and say "yeah, sure, you can do this on X wiki that we have" or something along those lines. Even so, nothing is stopping us as a player community from making our own player-centric wiki to dump all of our characters into it for the sake of promoting them and how they interact with other characters/the world.

Lore characters already exist on the SL2 Fandom Wiki, and as far as I understand it, regular player characters don't/can't really interact with them much for various reasons.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
A player-character wiki will just remove roleplay from the game and be metagaming fuel.

I always have enjoyed having to ask people ICly about other characters, because then it’s from the perspective of their own character about another character which promotes thought and deeper interaction and makes roleplay in a situation of itself.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Aqua, Autumn, Blissey, K Peculier
These are fair points. I agree in that even if it did hypothetically exist, it shouldn't be on the moderator team's responsibility to manage it or anything like that. I was more so envisioning the information to be stuff that's supposed to be very public/common knowledge, but I do think we don't desperately need something like this.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fern's post:
  • Sawrock
This just seems like something that would get very masturbatory very quickly with people jerking off their own character's power levels. This ain't it chief.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Perdition's post:
  • Sawrock
I feel like if I wrote about Sora I'd only feel more depressed about how Demon Hunter sucks both IC and mechanically.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
it should be fine as long as it's moderated

would help player approval transparency too
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]