Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A buff to the Item- Magic Gauntlet
I was looking at the item Magic gauntlet. For an item that gives +3 res and def at the cost of three momentum, while taking a hand slot and giving nothing else, not even a pretty animation, it's pretty weak. As it is now, it's more likely to get you killed trying to use its only asset, it's skill. I have two suggestions for the item, with many things considered.

Suggestion #1:
Reduce the momentum cost of the item-skill Magic Shield to one momentum.

Suggestion #2:
Change the static boost of the item-skill Magic Shield to it's rarity(5). This would give +5RES&DEF for 10FP and three momentum.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Both. Alternatively suggestion 2, and make it AOE for all party members in range. Otherwise I can't see any sane person ever using the item over an actual shield.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Does it already count as a shield by itself? If not, it should count as shield so shield based skills can be used with it. Well, that's a possible buff to it.
I still can't see any sane person using this item over a shield.

A shield, for 1 momentum, will give 10% DR and innately gives 2-3 defense. Maybe if it gave you the ability to guard against magic only, but at 15% per momentum < as compared to 10% shields provide to everything. >
You can 'upgrade' the Magic Shield via crafting. And yes, it should count as a shield and give you the guard skill while the status is active.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4819#p4819 Wrote:Rendar » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:05 am[/url]"]I still can't see any sane person using this item over a shield.

A shield, for 1 momentum, will give 10% DR and innately gives 2-3 defense. Maybe if it gave you the ability to guard against magic only, but at 15% per momentum < as compared to 10% shields provide to everything. >

I don't know about that, maybe Guard can have a 10% effect against physical but halved if it's magic and vice-versa for the magic shield.
I've yet to ever see the "upgrade" magic gauntlet gets from alchemy combinations, though it's possible that its rare as heckles.