Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eliminate
Eliminate is a skill that appears to be unfinished in its current state, for starters its an autohit in a class that rightly does not ever want to use them unless they serve a huge utility purpose (Such as with Vanishing Strike), given that daggers have really low SWA normally, and it consumes an incredibly potent and required resource, all (or half) of your void energy to even use it.

As it stands, with max void energy Eliminate roughly equates to 220% of your SWA, which is a big number, but dagger criticals often reach 2x multipliers, even going as high as 2.35x multipliers, so its actually not that much stronger than my basic attack, which can infer on-hits with twin dance or gain me momentum in doing so - Speaking of which.

The skill consumes the rest of your momentum on use, this means the sole usage of its airborne component, the gap closer is useless to a VA, as you will not be able to follow it up with anything else and will be left in melee range as a result.

I haven't mentioned that the skill has a sneaking usage as well which increases the damage, and while I do like that aspect, it requires some setting up to make work, while I am all for a VA setting up the perfect kill, the class doesn't have the SP to spare on stuff like this. (8 SP total if you want max eliminate + voidgate Rank 1 + Blind Spot)

And lastly the skill doesn't really have a very satisfying animation, this is supposed to be an attack on the likes of Checkmate or Ether Invitation I feel like, and instead it feels like two dinky little slashes which HONESTLY should belong to Fray instead.

I think this skill should be reworked into being a basic attack for starters, VAs appreciate basic attacks as they are the bread and butter of the class, and its only basic attacking skill still is cutthroat, I love the other components of the skill and I think that they should be kept in some way, so here is what I might suggest:

Eliminate:

-1SP Cost (similar to Checkmate)
-Becomes a Basic Attack
-No longer consumes 3+M, costs a static 3M
-Attacks twice for 50% Attack (This would be mitigated by armor twice)
-Damage increased by Void Energy% consumed
-Sneaking assures a hit/critical hit
-6 round cooldown, halved if the skill kills a target.

And thats all really, I've had a small gripe with this skill for a while, I'd love if it had the look and feel of something like checkmate, if it has to eat a main class requirement to obtain that I'd be down for that as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Perdition
It would also be nice if Goose Bite was made a basic attack too while we’re at it. Love the ideas listed here for Eliminate. It is never worth using over just basic attacking with your dagger. Honestly even the best SWA gouge dagger Eternal Solitude doesn’t use it that well either.
Both Goose Bite and Eliminate should be basic hits, hard agree.

My own idea for Eliminate:

- 6+M.
- Basic Hit.
- It should always automatically critically hit.
- If the target is under 30% HP, the critical hit becomes a vorpal strike.
- It should do bonus damage equal to Void Energy% of the enemy's missing HP.
- It should have a minimum of 5 CD and a maximum of 10 CD for its strong effect.
- It should prevent the recovery of Void Energy for one or two rounds.
- It should probably inflict Interference for 5 rounds too, since Certain Defeat is a Checkmate thing.
- Either a single meaty fatal attack, or a flurry of strikes like Sensa Hattenshou from Nanaya, which does more attacks based on your Void Energy and Void Assassin Level.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Autumn
I agree that Eliminate sorta lacks the OMPH it's supposed to have, it looks really strong on paper, but it has already been explained how it just doesn't pan out as good.

I think certain defeat seems fine as an effect for it even if its a "Checkmate" thing. It just fits with the whole assassin business and doesn't take value from Blackbolts interference.

both approaches are fine, but I agree slightly more with Koonies. (100% hit basic attacks are iffy to me, personally. Its just auto attacks with extra. My personal approach would be bonus +hit/crit chance based on VE consumed)

I would like to suggest an animation style, I thought something similar to Firebird's spear throw would be swag. Like red screen, sprites turn black, and then some sort of Slash/blood splash animation, giving it a bit more ninja assassin style similar to assassinate moves in other games, which would be more in line with one big meaty strike.
Basically the "you are already dead" kind of animation.
I was planning on starting a thread on this at some point. I do like every suggestion so far, seeing as all of them are miles above the garbage we have now. As it currently stands, VA simply doesn't have a 'big' skill it can reliably use. This would maybe even be a step in making voidgates useless as they currently are.

Hope something comes out of this-!