Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Skill Learn window Tweaks
The new UI for classes/Tip info/how skills are equipped is a lot easier now, and I like that part of the new Class UI and consider it an improvement of what we had before. And I do appriciate that, and how its probably easier manageable for future adding of classes.

However I have one big gripe with the "Learn Skill" part of it, which is a huge downgrade from what we had before on many levels.
It feels absoutely disconnected, things that thematically/mechanically work together hand in hand do not really stand out anymore and even I who knows most of the classes in and out have troubles finding what I need, which I can only assume must be very difficult for people new or with less experience than me.

Let me try to Explain what I liked about the old interface so much more, by looking at one class that certainly reflects my issues the most. Demon Hunter.

Old System:
-All stances and their passives were neatly arranged in order where you know exactly just at first glance, which stance had what skills/Passives.
-While not a big issue, back then you saw everything in one click (info/what ranks do)

New System:
-Its just skill next to skill its not even the first six reaver, then cobra or something but first the active skills of each stance, and then the passives than the innates, which from an outside perspective and without prior knowledge of what belongs to what is super confusing to look at and I think new very newbie friendly.
-you have to click back and forth from description/rank advantages. Its a minor gripe.
-it looks very cramped cause of the small size.

While I said Demon Hunter, every class has this issue more or less, combo classes like Verglas/DH are hit harder than others but its still all the same.

Is there a chance that we mayhaps could get a new Skill Learn interface thats a bit more akin to what we had before and sorts the things a bit visually? I think it was much more appealing and much more practical. I really loved the layout before, the borders, the way it was sorted made reading up classes so much easier as you saw most things at first glance even without actually clicking any skills.
I think the old skill tree was an absolute masterpiece design wise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Dystopia