Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carteblanche (with a Corbie Monk/Verglas) [v2.40]
I don't know if anyone has used this weapon before in any serious capacity - but I decided to try it out on the initial theory that it might extend the range of my other weapons. Alas, it didn't to my not-surprise, but I found out a few other things. I don't know if they're intentional or bugs, although the way other things act makes me think otherwise. This was all done with a Corbie as well, considering airborne compatibility and Aerial Attacker.
  • Carteblanche states it increases attack and sub-attack range by UL/6. As stated above, it only works for Carteblanche itself - although likely intentional, and just confusing wording, as having a  with an increased range from Carteblanche would be... interesting to say the least.
  • Carteblanche's attack range is stated to increase while Airborne. Instead, it increases while on ice tiles seemingly. Using something like Rising Kick or Gain Air into Carteblanche doesn't work, although if you're grounded while on ice (see next point), then it seems to increase range.
  • Carteblanche doesn't force you airborne if you're on an ice tile. Rather, it's only if you do some action that procs tile effects under you (generally movement), or changes your airborne status... I think. Generating an ice point with ice under me doesn't give the airborne buff, although increases the range of Carteblanche.
  • Airborne gained from Carteblanche lasts for 2 turns, but doesn't refresh between turns nor stays permanent if over ice - having to be refreshed by the prior means.
While the properties of Carteblanche only putting you airborne if you move/change your airborne status could be intentional, it does seem a tad confusing at times. Although, the book stating that it increases range while airborne is currently false, even if increasing range over ice makes sense and was the initial intention.

I'll do more testing as usual to get an idea of how it all interacts, this is my current investigation though.

Update: Book Smack isn't ranged nor AoE. Probably intentional as well, but I figured I should add.

[Image: unknown.png]   [Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
https://gyazo.com/fc8bf435842b788c2eaddd9376b8feef (gif of going from not airborne to airborne while walking over the tiles)
It will now give its boosted attack range while airborne as stated. Everything else is intended as far as I can tell.