Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake-Tooth Necklace and Endless Quiver are severely underpowered
They're equipment slots that are too niche and grant no permanent benefits like other equips. Especially when we're talking about Snake-Tooth Necklace, which lasts a pathetic 3 rounds. Can they be amped just a little bit?

Snake-Tooth Necklace's buffs should be treated as enchantments, to benefit from Prolong Sub-Talent. They should also be able to persist over multiple fights, if they don't already, due to the third effect of the Argentyle Prayers that grants immunity to poison tiles out of combat.

Endless Quiver should make it so you restore 2 Durability from your Bow weapons every round, up to a max of the weapon's maximum durability.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • FatherCrixius
Hm. While I don't disagree that these items could be buffed, I don't think it being boosted by Prolong is a good idea.

Considering the item as an accessory slot would then give +12 Acid ATK and on top of that +12 CEL, +12 HP Regen, 36% Poison Resistance for up to 8 Rounds.

Which would be pretty nuts compared to other accessories. I think alternatively, we could consider a way to refresh the buff, like say incapacitating an opponent resets the duration to 3 Rounds or a "Serpent Prayer" skill to manually refresh them.

Endless Quiver is just not worth using currently but I don't think it restoring Durability would make it appealing enough.

This one is a bit simple but what if it provides +UL/2 SKI? There aren't any SKI boosting accessories as of now, it's a higher amount than most which provide +4 or +2 to two stats.

I think it could work for those people who like to pad stats and might also be running some kind of Archer build.

I also wish that rather than giving you +UL shots, it would automatically fill your quiver with your first equipped Arrows or maybe even make the Arrow skills permanent buffs entirely, but I think even just the added SKI would be nice.

Also just to throw in, if we're talking underpowered, non-weapon 10*s, I think there should be a serious consideration for buffing Acidic Claws.

12 Acid Damage isn't nearly enough to be worthwhile. I'd say double the UL on the Acid Damage and provide another bonus, like say attacks also bypass UL Armor.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Fern, Sawrock
Endless Quiver is not underpowered. Underused, yes, but only because the number of archers that actually use arrow types is lacking. Tripling the duration and uses of a buff is incredibly potent. I say this as someone who never unequips my quiver on my rangers.

Snake-Tooth necklace is not really underpowered, so much as equally niche. 36% poison resist is a lot to throw out, and you're still getting +2hp/turn and +2 cel, on top of +12 acid attack. That puts it at very competitive(If not inherently superior) to most stat accessories, only 'held back' by being a 10* at all. For a comparison, I would like to point out the Blood Whistle. It's an accessory made by combining other accessories with a craft skill check, and grants 2hp/round, 1 cel, and 2 power to sylphid spells.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tanasinn's post:
  • Miller
Endless Quiver is a little good right now but in the wrong ways, currently since arrows are a permanent out of battle buff, you use it to load 18 arrows into your quiver and be done with it, as you'll never need more than 18 arrows in any given single fight, I think having SKI attached to it would at least give archers incentive to keep it on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Miller
@Slydria
The UL effects of Snake-Tooth Necklace only affect Poison Resistance's LV%, the blessing's extra effects are static 2. (HP Regen and CEL bonus), and the third blessing is absolutely redundant in combat and serves only to give that bonus 12%; That's why it's fine to have them prolonged in my opinion.

[Image: unknown.png]

At its best, Snake-Tooth Necklace is 3 rounds of 36% Poison Resistance, 2 CEL and 2 HP Regen. And 3 rounds pass like a breeze. Especially if the opponent waits it out, or has to prepare. Or hell. Hexers -do- wait out, or take their time to use Menov's Fang, which makes this accessory quite not our 'option of Poison counterplay' at all.

The Acid damage bonus is also pretty insignificant, I agree. On Acidic Claws.

@Everyone
Yeah, I agree that getting UL (or UL/2) SKI could be cool for the accessory and justify its position as a 10* item. Just 'something', dammit...
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]