Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature and other Weather conditions
Is it hot? Is it cold? Sticky and humid, or bone dry? Is there a strong wind blowing, or is it fairly still?

A way to tell this kind of thing would be nice.
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
It's time for our hourly laplace forecast.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Well, the information isn't exactly tracked anywhere, but I guess it could be. How to access that information, if it existed, is another question.
Maybe it could show up on Laplace, along with the time.

Or, for people who avoid Laplace, there could be a new tab added to the menu buttons.
Warning, this image is very stupid, if you wish to just see the explanation, please skip the url.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/mhy72a.jpg

Anyway, now that my burst of dumb humor is out of the way. Essentially, the way I thought it might work, is by adding another button on laplace for the weather. Then you select what town you want to see the weather for, and end up seeing the current results; displaying the basic weather "Sunny, Rain, Sandstorm, Snow", and then a temperature (for fun), "Hot, Cold, Humid, Dry", or maybe just a temp value for the l-net cards. X* F / X*C (or a unit of temperature that all of the planet uses that way we don't get metrics and standard confused or anything).

But having a check weather button on the tabs, maybe look like a sun or a cloud, would be fair for people who avoid laplace, I agree with that as well.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

I believe the best and least of a bothersome way for this to be implemented would be via the laplace interface. Exact number for temperature would too be unnecesary, perhaps just some basics, along with regional data for each continent. So I'd see it as a single screen, showing the information for all of them.
(Editted note : Yes, pretty much like the picture Ryu posted. )
Accounting that some people for ...god knows what reasons avoid getting themselves a laplace thingie, well, I suppose that's their problem. One could possibly tell time from the posittion of sun on the sky and yet, we still have only the interface to check. (And playerhouse clocks.), therefore it feels bit unnecesary to place it elsewhere than there. (Would also explain why you know what the weather is like at Kysei, despite the fact you're traversing Gold. And there wouldn't be need for anything extra to track where you are. )

As I give it more thought, I could see there being a reason to not have access to laplace ICly, yet that doesn't stop people from getting it OOCly.
How about next to the dice and coin-flip buttons, a tiny little sun icon. Click it, and you get a basic description of the weather in your current area.

Temperature, Wind, Sky. Oh, and Iahsus.

IE

You examine your surroundings...

>>It's a bit hot. The wind is blowing strongly. It's rather cloudy, hinting at rain. Iahsus is glowing orange.
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4838#p4838 Wrote:Someone » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:29 pm[/url]"]How about next to the dice and coin-flip buttons, a tiny little sun icon. Click it, and you get a basic description of the weather in your current area.

Temperature, Wind, Sky. Oh, and Iahsus.

IE

You examine your surroundings...

>>It's a bit hot. The wind is blowing strongly. It's rather cloudy, hinting at rain. Iahsus is glowing orange.
I like this option the best. Makes IC sense.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
If we do, there should also be a verb you can simply type in, (since Old Interface mode is getting cramped in that area for smaller screens).