Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slayer (Rogue Sub-Class) Conceptualization
You read the title, you (probably) know my distaste of having no rogue sub-classes that aren't magic or tech related like bob the terrorist or bootleg mage with tax evasion/cancer portals from a previous post I made, so I decided to make a series of suggestion posts or conceptualization posts that could be fun. I'll be making three, for now (the third not being rogue related but fuck it). This being the first, Shinobi (another rogue subclass but ninja) being the second, and Valkyrie/Paladin (for Curate) being the third.

I apologize in advance if everything you're about to read is non-sensical, despite me being in this community for 3 years now I still have trouble understanding the combat without a migraine so I never delved into it for real till now. I also never wrote... homebrew? is this the right term here? for this game specifically before, so expect shit to go down. Also it's 6AM as I'm writing this.

Slayer:
Weapons - Dagger, Sword, Axe (Considered adding Bow too but Dyst brought to my attention it wouldn't be too viable)
Stats - +3 LUC, +2 SKI, +2 CEL, +1 GUI
Class intention, in short: a Rogue in a team fight that can apply team wide hunted status. Probably inflicting some stun stuff, like bandits, too. Perhaps, it can branch like DH? With one branch being on the Support side, and another a self sustaining offensive branch? I'unno, just imagine a psychopath with a bloodied Khopesh and hook.

Example:

[Image: bounty_hunter__darkest_dungeon___copy__b...PIHvpuKFbo]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(24/3/2021 4:03AM) Edit 1: as Turadis put it, I should probably start with the hook.
-It'll be a Dagger skill (i guess), it goes in a straight line and you can expand or reduce the range in the cost of more FP. It will not act like Chaser where it stops with the first obstacle, but it will keep going and may connect to many opponents. Once it finishes, it will reel in the opponents it connected to and make them suffer pierce damage. If it connects to none, it will leave an invisible trap of sorts that will reel in anyone that steps on it, maybe it even swings and reels in enemies together instead of towards you? I dunno, Anime.
Maybe there can be another version that acts more or less like a tripwire version of Fetch? with knockdown and all that.

-Another skill could act like Guard; consumes all your M, but it's a counter. for each M it consumed, you move a tile (or for every 2 rounded down?) and if you get hit whilst walking (maybe by traps or tiles) you attack the nearest opponent (or even lunge) and inflict Stun?

-and Last but not least (for this edit), something like exploiting your enemy's weakness.... but ofcourse, it's always a gambit. You stab the opponent, try to exploit their weakness. It will act somewhat like Ether Invitation, but- you can sacrifice additional Durability and FP for either a better Crit chance, or more temporary SWA/w.e. If you miss I guess your weapon auto breaks? I want it to be a REAL gambit, something that will SERIOUSLY fuck you up if you mess up. HOWEVER, if you hit the opponent... if they are wearing a Heavy Armor chest, they suffer Guard Down and suffer a negative penalty to non-Magic attacks. If they are wearing anything else, they suffer Lingering Damage or w.e it was called.

I will try to write them in a more SL2-skill fashion but... yea, I'm just a demotivated edgelord who hasn't done this before, cut my lazy headass a slack for now.

More to be edited in later when I wake up, please place your ideas for skills and such for this class down below and I'll edit them in or something. Thank you to everyone who is helping/helped.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Ham's post:
  • Dystopia, Fern, Snake
I can't believe Ham is going to upstage my OC donut steal Paladin promo concept with his own. 

Anyways, if you're gonna link the DD Bounty Hunter as the example, then that makes me think a grappling hook should be a part of the promo's toolkit. It is a sufficiently rogue-y piece of equipment. Abilities referencing the grappling hook could be for mobility, pulling opponents, or setting up for some kind of tripwire mechanic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turadis's post:
  • Ham
Give us more ninjas.
We need a ninja Rogue yeah. One that works really well with shuikren.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
We would make a good use of a more espionage-oriented sneaky backstabber.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Three new ideas have been added!
Ah shit sorry, Turadoot. I forgot about your paladin shit my bad.
as for the Shinobi/Ninja and the Valkyrie/Paladin, I think I'll work on them when I finish working on this first, I dunno how much I can juggle at once with my singular brain cell.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]