Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prelude to Showdown

The masked man shamelessly wandered into an area that could only be described as a hell zone. The flowers were withering and the trees were looking more debilitated every time the clock ticked a second, as an all-consuming darkness swarmed the general vicinity in the form of a vile mist.

He stood before a woman with an image incomprehensible for most eyes, perpetually distorting with the only thing clear about it all being her horrific nature, showing no fear of such presence in spite of that, calmly speaking to her with a soft voice.

"It has certainly been a journey, hasn't it?"

The woman offered no reply to him, and in spite of that, he continued to talk to her as if she understood what he said.

"I spent several years looking forward to my dream. The extinction of all remaining gods, so that nothing could ever truly get in the way of my peak evolution as an individual. Many years planning and putting Strega, my own little group to exist... then assisting my dear brother in founding the Falcon."

"At the time, I felt that it would have been better to put my brother's leadership influence to good use. It is said that the power of a god is heavily depended upon by its followers, so conquering the empire and then forcing the other nations to be under our command with the help of Mother and our forces seemed appealing. I would have everything I'd need that way... manpower, political power, and of course influence across the world. All without laying a direct finger upon it myself."

"Extermination of all divine-touched races would've soon been enacted after that. But that route is no longer an option. My procedures have been brought to light in the attack on Voilegard that was meant to spread a plague across the Sigrogana Empire, and the Falcon's defeat is obviously inevitable. My brother no longer looks at my eyes with the same light he used to. It is truly a shame, don't you think?"

"But I am not completely disheartened by this turn of events. It simply means that I must take drastic measures to bring my dream to life. I have never been quite fond of someone with more authority than me existing in this world, let alone someone that would more than likely get in the way if my progression managed to reach so far."

He raised his head and gazed at the cloudy sky above.

"I created you for the purpose of making this dream come true, but after recent circumstances, it turns out you are no longer helpful to my cause. Truly saddening, but things don't always play out the way you'd like them to. This is a fact life has taught me. After my mistakes, I have begun thinking..."

"Perhaps they were right, in that a mere human would never be able to graze the gods themselves. I made an error in believing it could ever happen... it is impossible for me, a human, to manage that. It is only natural I have to make up for my fault."

"So I should become a god myself."

[Image: cdSN4l0.png]

"Don't you agree, Cora?"

Cornelius then vanished from sight, leaving the woman-made-monster to her inevitable demise.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]