Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mono-Classing, Smell of the Game Edition
Lightbulb 
So, while stuck in studying hell and brain-storming hell for the new class conceptualizations, I realized... Specialization or whatever trait is kinda good and all but... Monoclassing is kinda underwhelming?

When I think of a mono-classer with a shit ton of SP, I think of someone who completely mastered the art of the class. So... Why not give them a Mono-Class exclusive Skill? We already have Main-Class exclusives. So how about something like a big finisher? Something like Ashe's totally not Judgement Cut End, but with the element you use? It would need some tweaking and balancing ofcourse, fucking imagine cinder tiles everywhere... yeeesh.

But yea, could even do that for the base classes too to give people more reason to play more than just the promos, a Monoclass only skill for Soldier could do wonders for Trainee-Knight characters or something?, but that's my own personal bias and desire to start out RPing a character with their base and not sub-class promo. Also would be cool to see bosses do cool shit like that too, not fair for only Ashe to have anime moments.

Anyways, some ideas can be: for Duelist, Eclairn't- or something straight out of a fighting game like a Cancel (but that sounds crazy op now that I think about it) or some sort of 'combo' much like how ST gets to blow up their weapon but gets to combo with their stolen spells, for Kensei, the Ashe thing maybe. for Ghost, something like Susanoo a 'fuck off, no' thing that isn't Ether Invitation, etc. I didn't have my tea yet so I'm running out of idea juice.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Ham's post:
  • Aqua, Blissey, Deja Vu, DerpyMcPandos, Dystopia
because fun fact 55sp vs 35 sp doesn't mean much when each class on average has 90+ spendable sp.
mono-class only skills
yes pls
[Image: nfxQVrc.png]
Anything that would make mono-classing more worthwhile is great in my book, as long as it somehow doesn't lead to breaking the game. I'm not too great at playing this game through most scopes, so I can't offer much in the way of ideas. But this definitely has my support.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
[-] The following 2 users Like Blissey's post:
  • Ham, HaTeD
I believe I had something like it in mind already. Destiny-only skills, but to implement them it would be a huge hassle and it might tip the balance considerably since they'd need to be unique on their own. And well... We already have variants for some skills and passives if you mono-class, such as Monk granting bonus Ki, but I believe to make mono-classing worth, we shouldn't only give them passive band-aids in some things. It should affect -all of the class-, so it's more 'in your face' that they're a mono-class.

So:
Quote:- If your main class and sub-class are the same, all offensive, defensive, utility, support, passive and innate skills/spells receive a +2 Rank bonus (This requires you to spend at least 1 point on the Skill's rank to take effect).

This should help draw out a single class's true potential, and make dedicating yourself to a single thing more effective than style blending.

Oh yes, PS, this will not affect your base class.

Only the classes that are being devoted to. I.E, Monk/Monk won't have Martial Artist receiving +2, only Monk will. For that to happen you'd need to let go of Monk and be Martial Artist/Martial Artist.

And additionally. This idea could even probably help early Destiny users a bit, or further make Destiny a more notable different playstyle people should consider over using all classes on a whim.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Ham
I've been advocating for unique, mono-class capstone abilities for over five years.  Even though the amount of work that has to go into creating it is substantial, I still want them even after this much time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Autumn, Ham, HaTeD
Jesus fuck that's a long time. Hopefully now that it's brought up again it'll be considered for real.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
A trait that lets you upgrade your Destiny to DESTINY MONOCLASS and get even more levels of it could be fun even if it doesn't give any extra fun bits just yet. Perhaps in the future it could let you raise the skills to level 6 or something but for now all It'd need to do is let you have another 10 or 20 levels in the class.
Heres my take on the whole class system...
Base class, Level cap 35->40.

Destiny, Remove the destiny extra class levels and just make it 1.5x skill points, This change would also help newer players as they would have 3 SP at level 2, 6 SP at level 4. etc. This would give you 60 SP at Level 40.

Mono Classing, Now that we're on topic, This feels literally pointless as i gain literally nothing but some skill pool slots and a minor stat boost.
I would gain more from subbing a random class and using their innates and passives.

The changes i would make to Mono classing...
Since they would lack the utility of innates, passives and other skills from subbing a different class.
Give them like bonus armor, magic armor, evade, hit and crit, depending on what class the character is mono classing.
For example, Give a duelist like 3 armor, 5 evade, 5 hit and 3 crit.
Give a mage 4 magic armor, 5 evade and 5% fp efficiancy.
Give a soldier 5 armor, 3 magic armor and 3 hp regen

Then, There should be main class only skills, Which we already have.
Destiny only skills, Personally i dont think these should exist, Since destiny exists to give you more skill points already.
Mono class only skills, Stuff like Eclair Lacroix would fit the bill. Making it mono class exclusive you could reduce the cd to 2 and make the fp cost way cheaper, maybe like 20 instead of 50.
Mono-Dest only skills, Going to use Eclair Lacroix again, But think on steroids. instead of 170% it would be 200%, instead of having a cooldown, make it once per fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yashatari's post:
  • HaTeD
(04-08-2021, 10:11 PM)Yashatari Wrote: The changes i would make to Mono classing...
Since they would lack the utility of innates, passives and other skills from subbing a different class.
Snipped a lot, to say that while monoclassing you do get a relatively unknown buff in the form that both class slots apply the stats from the class. So for example a monk gets 2 str 4 cel 4 skil 4 def 2 res.
Your idea seems like an extension of that though.