Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[REQ] Dormeho Remap
With the blessing given to go ahead and map this out, I spent all of today putting together the interior and seriously sprucing up the exterior. I noticed that I hadn't added too many more houses with this, which, considering Dormeho is a hotspot at times, seemed like a bit of a waste of an opportunity!

The suggestion led me to map a district to the left of the main map, extending Dormeho's house capacity by 11 through that alone (though there are more houses than were on the original on the main map too, so there should be a lot to go around.)

These district houses consist of 5 more unique ones: 3 warehouse buildings and 2 houses set on actual boats. I imagine them to be the most sought after, in the end, since they're different.

I used the autotile function, so if anything looks off in the previews shown (houses looking odd / peculiar walls), it's likely because of that. These will be connected together in game, so don't worry about that!

Things I've done:

- Added spirituality markers scattered across Dormeho. From what I assume these are what make spirits spawn on a specific tile, and I wanted to make sure Dormeho still had some when it came to the update.

- Exit and Entrance Warp. I've given those a name and set every exit tile up, so it shouldn't be as much hassle as with the Tannis map to set it up for the overworld, I'd hope.

- A bunch of shop stalls. Honestly, Dormeho was usually popular for it, so I added a bunch of them in a central "square" location, where they're easily accessible.

Things I haven't done:

- Any settings related stuff for houses. I just placed a door, a banner, and a sign for all plots of land, as I still do not know how to connect them (if I even can).

- Guard NPCs. I didn't have access to the existing NPCs for Dormeho to add in, so I'd perhaps like to request those get transferred over to the new map.

- Mirrors. The blacksmith store usually has appearance changing mirrors, but I imagine those are not things I can place, so I'd have to ask for them to be added back in their proper locations.

- New crafting furniture. The crafting furniture that came with the crafting interface update was not available to me, so I couldn't add it back in. I figure that'll come as part of the release, though.

- Barricades. Since Dormeho is a town that gets attacked by beasts, it usually gets barricaded when an attack happens. I couldn't figure out how to do that on my end though, so I left it alone, too.

- Furniture Salesmen spots. I didn't want to touch this or break anything so I left that up to Dev.

Well, with that out of the way, here are the previews and the map file!

Main Area

[Image: UpperMainDorm.png]
[Image: LowerMainDorm.PNG]

Side District

[Image: DistrictDorm.PNG]

Interior

[Image: DormehoInterior.PNG]

I hope you all enjoy the map!

.zip   DormehoRemap.zip (Size: 138.23 KB / Downloads: 205)
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 7 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Aqua, Blissey, Boomkiller, Illumi, Sawrock, The Alpha Bat, Turadis

Messages In This Thread
[REQ] Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 04-14-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by Neus - 04-15-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 04-16-2021, 01:52 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by MakeshiftWalrus - 04-17-2021, 01:39 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by JamOfBoy - 04-18-2021, 01:17 AM
RE: [REQ] Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 04-18-2021, 02:04 AM
Dormeho Remap - by WaifuApple - 05-26-2021, 03:29 AM