Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carla the Smol Gremlin
Applicable BYOND Key - Grimmnaka
Character Name - Carla Lionia
Request Type - Height
Request Details -  I just want permission to make this character 4 feet tall.
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - A small character with lots of energy is fun to play as
Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Recessive DNA, as with most things you can have some family members be really tall then have one exceptionally short due to the DNA Roulette of life. They just got the Short end of the stick
I want to make this clear in advance, they had earlier listed in their profile that their character was approved. They were not approved by me, and as far as I'm aware, not by any of the other GMs either.

They had asked me prior questions on their application before posting this app:

Quote:Grimm Naka —
Do I need a whitelist forum app for a character who is 4 feet tall. their are meant to be like a gremlin type character

Slydria —
Yes.

Grimm Naka —
How can I lore wise explain someones height?
They just happen to be shorter then most people.

Slydria —
Just provide a sensible reason for why they're shorter than usual.

Grimm Naka —
I mean genetics is one, just happened they were the black sheep dna wise

Slydria —
That's fine enough.

Grimm Naka —
Alright app posted. Thanks for your help!

Now I'm not sure if me saying "that's fine enough" was somehow misinterpreted to mean something other than what I had intended (that is explaining your characters short height is due to a genetic abnormality is a fine enough reason) or if they just assumed after the conversation I was going to immediately approve it but neither were meant to be the case.

I believe this was a misunderstanding rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead others and since this is a small request anyway, I don't think I should be punitive about it this time.

So I'm going to approve this, but I must ask you to be more careful in future and I must ask everyone to not claim that you have approval for something without explicitly being told so by a GM.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]