Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Player Demon Translation
Many people, especially including myself are usually much a fan of transformation skills, though their limited access and/or limited usage cause them to fall short a lot of the time, I make this thread from mostly an RP perspective, I would appreciate a way to globally access a player-exclusive version of something similar to Demon Translation through either a non-weapon item or even a trait, the skill itself doesn't have to be overloaded, all I request is it not be an invocation.

For example the skill could be:

Minor Demon Translation:
-3m Cost, Some HP/FP Cost
-Grants 15% Damage Reduction, +3 all stats for 4 rounds, counts as a transformation skill
-5 Round Cooldown

And the idea here is that you would gain a cool effect like Demon Translation's sparks, as well as the animation that normally plays when it activates.
[-] The following 7 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Blissey, Dystopia, Fern, Ham, Perdition, Snake, Whitender
I can attest to witnessing people's love for transformations and even feeling it myself. Having some kind of globally accessible transformation skill, even if it means sacrificing something efficient for style points (which people already do frequently) would be a godsend in my book.

It can be made simple, similarly to the proposition in the opening, or it can be made more in-depth and more customizable. I've played other BYOND games where a "custom buff" skill is something that can be learned (or given by an admin), where you can essentially turn it into a custom transformation and have some form of control over the pros and cons of it-- by receiving a set of stat points to distribute, so while you obviously don't get the ability to make it strong in every single aspect, you can still determine the priorities of its enhancements and drawbacks.

Though, those were games that didn't have SL2's combat system, but just offering some food for thought. I'm all for more transformation skills that don't require you to use a specific class or weapon, even if it means giving up something in order to get it.

You could even potentially make it a Legend Extension tree if you wanted to go really in-depth with it. Again though, just offering ideas in case there's the interest to go that far (although i don't think it's absolutely necessary to handle it like that or anything.)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Fern's post:
  • Ham, K Peculier, Whitender
To add with this one that is currently in mind, can we have an option to select the Outfit we wanted to be shown with Demon Translation as well? 

Example: Using Outfit 4 on Demon Translation when your default is Outfit 2 Currently. 
Over all, I might think it can run too much? But we'll see how it while I also suggest it making them treated as a boss enemy.

Oh, and another one is adding a Option for a Quote for it when it's been activated like the Shadow Guardian / Winged Guardian.

Not much, but I'll try my best on it for the Global Demon Translation. Looking forward on it.
[Image: b69d8dc830a1a6b64ce233e92b2e79c9.png]
[Image: bc307a682fc5f9d2b0a5c0de4dc3aa90.png]
[Image: 5441207b804d39be46ea2d5f9d73eff7.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whitender's post:
  • Ham
Personal transformations or "Limit Breaker" skills in our anime game?

SIGN. ME. THE. FLOCK. UP!

I personally wish we could have a custom transformation where we set up the drawbacks and power ups, many games of RPing genre have some form of custom transformation or power up. The problem with SL2 is that those are always stuck to certain classes or items. I believe it'd be a very worthwhile add-on if implemented.

Something either simple as Minor Demon Translation, or complex like "Custom Buff", where you name the transformation, select the special effect and what the buff is similar to from a list, which I can imagine for now a quick example of my version:

Name:
- Custom Buff's name

Quote:
- What your character says when it activates.

Description:
- It's a buff that lasts 2 rounds. This skill is a passive or active depending on the activation condition, which costs 1M.

Visual Effects:
- Either something custom, or from the game's large rows of special aura effects.

Special Effect (only one):
- Limit Breaker (+100 Scaled Weapon Attack/Critical, transformation ends on your next round.)
- Unbreakable (Reduces damage by 100%, transformation ends on your next round.)
- Extreme (+10 to all stats)
- Focused (+25 Hit/Critical, +50% Status Resistance)
- Reckless (+10% damage, -15% PDR/MDR)
- Frightened (-20% damage, +5 Move, +100% Flee Chance)
- Instinct (-20% damage, Evasion is changed with Snake Dancer)
- Possessed (Grants Fallcall, treated as Possessed while active)
- Berserking (+15 Critical/Critical Damage, drains maximum HP by 5% every round, grants 3M but cannot use spells. Also does not stack with Soul Rage, duh.)
- Enduring (+30 Armor, -30 Magic Armor, +50% Status Resistance)
- Resisting (+30 Magic Armor, -30 Armor, +50% Status Resistance)
- Stabilized (+100% Status Resistance, 45 HP/FP regeneration)
- Undying (Recovers Character LV*2 HP whenever HP is reduced to 0, only once per fight)

Special Activation Condition (one active and one passive):
- (Active) Only while under 35% max HP.
- (Active) Costs 40% of your maximum HP.
- (Active) Costs 80% of your maximum FP.
- (Active) Invocation-like. (6M to prepare, 3M to cast)

- (Passive) When inflicted with a crippling injury
- (Passive) When Die Hard activates
- (Passive) When ally is defeated
- (Passive) When outnumbered by the enemy

Drawback (at least one, more than one option further increases the duration of the transformation by 1 round):
- When transformation ends, HP is reduced to 1.
- When transformation ends, FP is reduced to 1.
- When transformation ends, you're inflicted with Worn Out LV(5% of max FP) for 5 rounds.
- When transformation ends, you're inflicted with Cursed Wounds LV(25% of max HP) for 5 rounds.
- When transformation ends, you're inflicted with Drain LV10 for 5 rounds.

- While transformation is active, increases the chance of suffering injuries by 100%.
- While transformation is active, 10% of your maximum FP is drained every round.
- While transformation is active, 5% of your maximum HP is drained every round.
- While transformation is active, reduces Evade and Critical Evade by 100%.
- While transformation is active, reduces Physical Damage Reduction by 100%.
- While transformation is active, reduces Magic Damage Reduction by 100%.

EDIT: Finally finished expanding upon the idea. Have a good read, or laugh!~
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Ham, Shujin
(04-25-2021, 01:14 AM)Fern Wrote: I can attest to witnessing people's love for transformations and even feeling it myself. Having some kind of globally accessible transformation skill, even if it means sacrificing something efficient for style points (which people already do frequently) would be a godsend in my book.

It can be made simple, similarly to the proposition in the opening, or it can be made more in-depth and more customizable. I've played other BYOND games where a "custom buff" skill is something that can be learned (or given by an admin), where you can essentially turn it into a custom transformation and have some form of control over the pros and cons of it-- by receiving a set of stat points to distribute, so while you obviously don't get the ability to make it strong in every single aspect, you can still determine the priorities of its enhancements and drawbacks.

Though, those were games that didn't have SL2's combat system, but just offering some food for thought. I'm all for more transformation skills that don't require you to use a specific class or weapon, even if it means giving up something in order to get it.

You could even potentially make it a Legend Extension tree if you wanted to go really in-depth with it. Again though, just offering ideas in case there's the interest to go that far (although i don't think it's absolutely necessary to handle it like that or anything.)

Yeah, for the most part here I think that a transformation skill limited to a class or weapon really limits 'who' can transform at the current moment, some sort of ability that transforms you or gives you a buff that really shows a state that is even slightly 'beyond normal' is very much a cool RP feature, and I'd sacrifice some efficiency for something like that. (Think Strange Sight from Humans is a good example)

(04-25-2021, 01:15 AM)Whitender Wrote: To add with this one that is currently in mind, can we have an option to select the Outfit we wanted to be shown with Demon Translation as well? 

Example: Using Outfit 4 on Demon Translation when your default is Outfit 2 Currently. 
Over all, I might think it can run too much? But we'll see how it while I also suggest it making them treated as a boss enemy.

Oh, and another one is adding a Option for a Quote for it when it's been activated like the Shadow Guardian / Winged Guardian.

Not much, but I'll try my best on it for the Global Demon Translation. Looking forward on it.

IF This is possible I am all for it, but I won't push the boundaries of what's necessary either, as for the quote, I believe that the Skill Quotes menu does good work of that.

(04-25-2021, 01:38 AM)Snake Wrote: Personal transformations or "Limit Breaker" skills in our anime game?

SIGN. ME. THE. FLOCK. UP!

I personally wish we could have a custom transformation where we set up the drawbacks and power ups, many games of RPing genre have some form of custom transformation or power up. The problem with SL2 is that those are always stuck to certain classes or items. I believe it'd be a very worthwhile add-on if implemented.

Something either simple as Minor Demon Translation, or complex like "Custom Buff", where you name the transformation, select the special effect and what the buff is similar to from a list, which I can imagine for now a quick example of my version:

Name:
- Custom Buff's name

Quote:
- What your character says when it activates.

Special Effect (only one):
- Focused (+25 Hit/Critical, +50% Status Resistance)
- Reckless (+10% damage, -15% PDR/MDR)
- Frightened (-20% damage, +5 Move, +100% Flee Chance)
- Instinct (-20% damage, Evasion is changed with Snake Dancer)
- Possessed (Grants Fallcall, treated as Possessed while active)
- Berserking (Reduces maximum HP by 5% every round, grants 3M but cannot use spells)
- Enduring (+30 Armor, -30 Magic Armor, +25% Status Resistance)
- Resisting (+30 Magic Armor, -30 Armor, +25% Status Resistance)
- Undying (Recovers Character LV*2 HP whenever HP is reduced to 0, only once per fight)

Special Activation Condition (only one):
- Under 35% HP
- When inflicted with a crippling injury
- When Die Hard activates
- When ally is defeated
- When enemy uses Items

This is a very good example too here, some sort of "Limit Breaker" buff is not a bad idea, though I'm not sure if I would do it so far fetched, though it is very interesting to me regardless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Ham
As a quick mention, there has been a problem with character variety for a while now (in the sense that people tend to feel characters are mechanically very samey, which isn't preferred in a roleplay game) but to not get too off-topic and head straight to the point I want to convey, taking the customizable buff/transformation route would make that problem not as noticeable. I wouldn't say it fixes it entirely nor I'd expect it to, but what I'm trying to say is that I think there's quite a variety of reasons to consider the idea of a custom buff mechanic, since that could also be used for transformations. It's like figuratively killing two birds with one stone if it does get implemented- people get to roleplay transformations if they want to, or a special unique skill of their character that doesn't force them to run a specific weapon (I.E custom tome.)

Which, I'd say would make people feel like they have more reign with making their characters feel more unique from a gameplay standpoint.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fern's post:
  • Ham
Absolute care must be taken when it comes to something highly customisable, lest it become a mandatory part of everything via way of becoming overtuned. Custom Tomes are still not quite as balanced as they should be, and I'm of the opinion that mistakes should not be made again in the realm of customisation.

As such, any custom buff mechanic of a kind should be balanced carefully, and properly. A certain combination is too strong and most people will likely jump at that - seen with the power of custom tomes and the usual goal of going for all damaging seeds, for example.

More freedom to differ between characters is ideal, but it should not be down to one single item giving all that variety, for sure. I would prefer a transformation like this to stick a little closer to the demon translation idea that was put forward, with maybe a few extra bits based on what stat is higher, kind of like happens with the Ogata's Waraji, rather than custom tome level craziness.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
(04-25-2021, 01:03 AM)Autumn Wrote: Minor Demon Translation:
-3m Cost, Some HP/FP Cost
-Grants 15% Damage Reduction, +3 all stats for 4 rounds, counts as a transformation skill
-5 Round Cooldown

Also yeah, in RE: to the OP. God no, my idea -was wild- for a reason. It's just to test the boundaries of how far you'd be able to go with transformations, but if that's too complicated, I'd rather just have that, but you could select between three versions of that. Or perhaps those being a trait that requires Cursed Blood? Sadly it will cost from the ability of certain races like Mechanations and what-not be able to use it.

I'd believe the stat bonuses should be variable between the variations:

Quote:Demon Translation (Potential)
- Uses 3M and 20% of maximum FP to forcefully release Minor Demon Translation for 4 rounds. +3 to all stats.

Demon Translation (Wrath)
- When lowered to 50% or less HP, unleashes Minor Demon Translation's proposed bonuses for 4 rounds. +6 to all stats.

Demon Translation (Rebirth)
- Upon being lowered to 0 HP, recovers Character LV * 3 HP and unleashes Minor Demon Translation for 4 rounds. Can only happen once per fight. +9 to all stats.

When those transformations end, you gain Worn Out LV10 for 3 rounds.

Each of those conditions as they are because those balance themselves. Potential makes you invest a lot of resources to activate it, Wrath can only be used when you're lowered under a certain amount, but it's for no momentum nor costs, and rebirth gives you a second wind to try and get back at your enemy.
Perhaps also make it go on a In game day cool down if used in a serious pvp.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Snake
I'd say they shouldn't be able to be used in spars and period. It's not a technique for spars, even if many can come at me and go "but Snaaake, people use Charge Mind Overload and live ammo in spars and it's all good why not?!?!"

For what I'll answer "oh boy you got me I have no excuses, don't contest me tho or I'll tell my mom"
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Ham, Shujin