Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Bombs!
Standard bombs can get a little monotonous after a little while, also I believe it can spice up PvE life for engineers if bombs were a little easier to obtain, and there was a bit more variety in them.

So I am requesting that there could be Ice Bombs, Thunder Bombs, and potentially a better conversion ratio, as you go through a lot of bombs if you're spraying them around in PvE as base AoE. Either that or some way to refund bombs through a talent similar to magic rocks.
[-] The following 7 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, Ham, Lolzytripd, Miller, Shujin, Snake, Tanasinn
Lamp Oil? Nah.

Rope? Eeeh...

Bombs?

[Image: unknown.png]

I want it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, Ham, Miller
I always wanted to have more bombs/differnt bomb stages.

Combat items in generally could be cool like throwing knives, etc. Maybe even items that do not actually Use up but go on a CD instead.

Or a shop that sells bomb components, cause as mentioned...You burn through them alot, could become another money sink that way.

(ironically dev approved something like that looooong ago for Laws End, we just never cooperated enough to get it done for Laws End)
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Miller, Sawrock
More battle items in general those weird gems were a good start

Being able to use Scarecrows beartraps and pitfalls in battle

Pitfalls even already exist in battle have them work the same it also makes forced movment options a bit stronger imagine repelling someone into a pitfall and dealing extra damage

Scarecrows probally wont work too well on players but have hp and can be attacked by monsters and might intercept one of the few homing skills in the game (like shinken)

Beartraps Immobilize deal damage and if one of the variants try to inflict a status (the redones try to burn for example?)

Portable Fake Rock places a damageable movable rock on the field (to blow around with air pressure or overturn someone into or whatever)

Portable Fake Ice same as Rock but creates ice tiles in a diamond shape around it

Portable Fake Magma Same as ice but cinder tiles

Portable Fake Geyser Same as Ice but deep water (aquamancer tile)

Firework inflicts blind in an area

Just some ideas and suggestions more battle items would be great and would certainly spice of pvp as people just pull out something unexpected.
Would you believe I once had a suggestion for a class promotion to Rogue that built off of bombs and gave new bomb crafting recipies in the same update? And the class itself would reward you for crafting bombs by making them more effective with Guile scaling, in the same vein of engineer having a bonus to Guile, and you could stack this bonus between Engineer and Demolisher, the class in question. At the time I had the idea of if i recall, a bomb that could affect both allies AND enemies, dealing damage and knocking both away, a passive that reduces self damage from explosives, an ice tile, fire tile, lightning crit and acidic phys and mag def eating bomb, as well as a super bomb that took all your momentum to plant, and then had a timer and a big range. it was attackable to lower the round timer on it, and if an enemy hit it with 1 round left, it would be disarmed, but if an ally hit it, it would explode and deal massive damage to enemies in range. Fire damage would lower the duration more. And if cinders or special tiles were under it, damage from those counted. All in all, if I look I could locate the old files and revise it for modern SL2 if anyone wants that. I still say the class is a good idea.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water