Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scrolls
A One use item that allows you to cast a spell like a mage can. 

Not exactly sure how it wold all work but giving players a battle item that casts a severely nerfed Fir or Rye on a one use battle slot item seems like a fun time. 

Just exact stuff to supplement a build one of my PVE characters has ZERO aoe so having something i little more proactive then a bomb would be wonderful. 

Actual Suggestions

Item Range and Effects possibly effected by Potentcy and Deliverance

Fir Scrolll:Line Aoe's but no cinder tiles scaling should be weaker or maybe just a flat amount of damage

Isendo Scroll Aoe Magnetize no base damage only the damage from magnetizing things 

Rye Scroll : Single Target that Chains to one other enemy (or potentially more if Soaked)

Kel Scroll Aoe Minimal Water Damage that soaks

Vyd Scroll Lingering Damages one target and spins them around

I think you get the idea
Spell Cards exist in the lore via spell thiefs, So this isn't too outlandish. I'de say make them allow you to cast any single spell using a battle item. Limited belt slots would keep it from ever being particularly OP, Maybe make them 4m to be careful and to represent the fact you have to use a card instead of just casting the spell normally.

I'de err towards just letting people craft them for existing spells rather than adding new effects and stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EenKogNeeto's post:
  • Kiranis
Better balanced then I could ever apply. Though I want them to at least be semi unique given that you would have to buy them and or craft them

but there are realistically so many considerations to make your idea could be better then mine overall.
This could tie directly to another thread I made asking for Dev to give us player roles, it could fall under the Spellthief-unique RP Trait that allows them to craft spell cards and sell around.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]