Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mecha Traits
Thumbs Down 
Litterally the race i think needs diverse traits the most since they are more or less "built" for different functions

So im proposing a bodypart system

HEAD
BACK
ARM
LEG

Picking one locks you out of the others for that same part with a few exceptions (like synthetic hair not taking up the head slot) 

HEAD: 

Leoporidae Emulation: you gain a faux pair of rabbit ears to emulate the Leoporidaes legendary hearing -Sonic Resistance but you turn to face attackers behind you 

Theno Emulation You gain the ability to project a Sonic Wail much like the Theno you gain the Synth Voice Ability
SynthVoice: deal Sonic damage in an aoe centered on you

Hyattr Emulation A Firthrower is installed in your mouth you gain the Firthrower Breath ability
Firthrower Breath a cone of fire damage that leaves cindertiles 

Wyverntouched Emulation  you have a reservoir of poison in your mouth you gain a VenomSpray ability
Deal acid damage to one target and inflict poison

Chimera Emulation Your mouth has powerful jaws you can eat corspes out of battle for some recovery

BACK
Synthetic Flight You stay in the air when you move and can Gain Air 

Booster Jet : fly a short distance in a straight line  if you have acel raid increase its maximum range by 3

Storage Space  increase max encumberance by 10

WaterProof: Gain water Resistance

Heat Proof : Gain fire resistance

Energy Proof gain lightning resistance

Arm
Arm configurations (eacdh has several levels which increases range scaling and maybe some bonus effects like gun evenually acting like you had a nerfed version of akimbo or the jackhammer starting out with a small aoe and getting bigger each upgrade) 
Gun
Rifle
Firthrower
Jackhammer

New Configs 

Charge Shot you passively generate weapon charges when you fire your arm gun you expend these charges to activate a bonus effect 
Level 1 : your gun shot does bonus light damage
Level 2 You shot does bonus light damage in a small area (im thinking like the Fir spell but i can't balance shit)

Levle 3 Unlock Skill Omegabuster spend 3 charge levels to fire a light beam 3 tides wide and 7 tiles long damaging all in it's path 

(each level is a trait)

Legs

Floaties: Imunity to deep water tiles

Extentions  You kick range increases

Obviously a lot of these are imbalanced but they give an idea of what i want out of traits and i think mecha are perfect to test some weirdness on
While it's an interesting idea I feel like just letting Machinations have access to some of the racial body parts for purely vanity purposes sounds nice. Like a fake lupine tail and ears, for example.
"Let's agree to be friends!"
Each race already has unique traits some of which are the best in the game, consider suggesting changes to those that are weaker not adding even more onto an already powerful race.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EenKogNeeto's post:
  • Shujin
OR OR and hear me out. you don't get mad over a suggestion? Your literal only input is "this bad because mechs already strong"

And if you really think other races need more traits your free to suggest them no one is stopping you.
I think its fair to ask for mechs to have other available traits.

Lets not lie to ourselves... agile accel is the good one, raid cannon is a meme, standard and cabal mech's lost the lottery.
Well damn, that'd sure be interesting.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]