Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodge Lodge
This is going to be a biased thread, as I just fought a build that heavily relied on the qualities I’m complain against. Take my opinions with a heavy grain of salt.

Evade from skills should not stack; it should only use the highest available buff. Unarmored Prowess should not stack with Protection from Arrows; assuming the same rank against bows it would use Protection from Arrows and against everything else it would use Unarmored Prowess, for example.

As it only counts skills, armor will still function with the skills, as would CEL-boosts. In addition, it would make non-magical dodgers more viable- as more skills get added to the game, more options become available to stack even more dodge. As a non-magical dodger, you’d be out of many of the skills added and thus the tropes of a non-magical swashbuckler or fencer or such become less viable as they fall out of the meta. Making each dodge skill unstackable lets users choose each skill at which best fits their concept.

The same could apply to hit skills; I would recommend a buff to sharpen if this was the case.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I think it'd be better if all evade bonuses were percentages that stacked multiplicatively, like DEF/RES works.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(05-23-2021, 06:34 PM)Snake Wrote: I think it'd be better if all evade bonuses were percentages that stacked multiplicatively, like DEF/RES works.

Kunai that's not how addition and multiplication work, that would make evade bonuses get exponentially greater. Kind of like how stacking damage modifiers works.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
I hate math, it never works with me. Tsk.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Possibly more hit steroids in general would help with evade problems. Having more ways of stacking hit outside of using Corbie would be helpful for basic attackers.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F9...f=1&nofb=1]