Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptitude Tweaking
Currently, Aptitude's stats do not count towards bases, I have noticed this leaves confusion at times when saving up for particular traits, would it be possible to have it so that traits read into your aptitude's bonus stats somehow as well? So if I want Lovely Face I would only need to be sitting at 15 GUI with Aptitude and not around 23-25.

There is also a degree of merit to allowing Aptitude to count as a base stat similar to histories/starsigns, as that will also make it so that Overload doesn't gain a free 440 damage anymore.
I am pretty sure, this is exactly the supposed "trade off" for apt as a stat, as well as stuff like burn taking away more stats.

I am not against it, but its one of those moments where you ask yourself "Why does apt even exist then."? When it has literally no downside.
(05-22-2021, 08:59 PM)Shujin Wrote: I am pretty sure, this is exactly the supposed "trade off" for apt as a stat, as well as stuff like burn taking away more stats.

I am not against it, but its one of those moments where you ask yourself "Why does apt even exist then."? When it has literally no downside.

The change mostly helps out the learning curve of the game, as when going for certain traits, the most common occurrence I see is that players are often left confused as to why they're ineligible for certain traits, Aptitude mostly creates a stat buffer at the moment where you are more well rounded to a very certain extent. Also the EXP Bonus is nice, though I do admit, the stat game would be better off without it (and including it somehow in the base levelling process like through stamps or milestones)

Would it perhaps allow you to get certain traits easily? Yeah probably. It might make the decision to get to certain milestones easier like "I can definitely spare 3-5 points in GUI, but not 15 whole points"
Honestly, Aptitude should give base stats, not bonuses. It makes things like Overload do too much damage.

Aptitude's current role is to have some small extras here and there as points you're not really using in your build, so why the heck not? And everyone and their moms are tired of hearing the newplayers go "huh, I have 15 gui, why can't I get X Y Z?"

Also, let's not forget Burn. Burn erases Aptitude's investment completely, for no reason but "it's a bonus". Soooo...

I agree with this proposed change. It will change the game for the best.

Bonuses are supposed to come from Buffs/Debuffs and Class Innates only, the concept should be uniform.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe providing a more in-depth stat list with a button/toggle that provides base stats and bonus stats separately would alleviate part of this problem. Slightly unrelated, but it would help when assigning stats that it properly included bonus stats when showing scaled stats, even if it is on a toggle/button as well.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F9...f=1&nofb=1]