Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reword/rework Magic Gunner's One-Hit Wonder
A short and simple suggestion, as it stands One-Hit wonder doesn't exactly do what is advertised. What it states it does is as follows: Increased power with Shotgun-type weapons based on rank: Rank 1 = +5 Power (and that's it, there isn't a showing for ranks 2-5 for whatever reason, not that it's entirely needed).

The problem with this is well.. that it's incredibly misleading. It doesn't actually increase your shotgun's power, as I've tested with numerous things such as the Magical Nova's Spelledge, Nitrogen Drop from Demon Hunter, and Magical Nova's Potential Skill. What it actually  does is add 5 damage per rank to your basic attacks. While not awful, it's not what is advertised on the tin at all.

I'd like to propose the innate passive be reworded to reflect what it currently does, or reworked to actually increase power as it states on the tin. That's all.
"Let's agree to be friends!"
Rule one of sigrogana assume the skill descriptions are outright lying to you.

Many of them are out of date almost nothing increases power (class skill wise anyway) anymore usually affecting SWA in some way.

Im curious myself as to why dev has not updated the text.

maybe he could ask one of the more prolific players to rewrite it for him so people arint mislead when picking things as a new player?
This is a Balance-Fu topic, but yeah.

Power on One-Hit Wonder should become SWA that is reduced by 5 for every 1 tile of distance between you and your opponent.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(05-27-2021, 10:59 PM)Snake Wrote: This is a Balance-Fu topic, but yeah.

Power on One-Hit Wonder should become SWA that is reduced by 5 for every 1 tile of distance between you and your opponent.

this would just make the crazy coyote more desirable then it already is as it's the only attack move option gunners really have. for other shotguns this is a straight up nerf which shotgunners don't need.

Suggesting instead you get a power bonus if you are within two maybe three tiles of your target?
I think it will only ever change if dev gets drunk enough to make a multiround shotgun and then he's forced to do something as people rage about +50 per hit happening....
You can likely change the effect to +25 SWA with very little change to how it actually functions, reflecting on stat screen and even applying to autohits, which could be a strange but worthwhile niche.

Otherwise changing these "+Power" effects to different wording is also a good call.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Miller