Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] A Snowy Town
I'm going to up front, and say that I've been making this map with the intention of submitting it as Hyoya. I'll still finish, and upload the map regardless of whether or not I gain permission to actually make it, it can be used for another project of whatever design is needed.

It's still a huge WIP. I just want to show it off to get permission, criticism, and suggestions.

Planned Features:
- Verglas monestary + temple grounds
- Outside forge
- Inn + respite
- (Old?) Mining tunnel system
- Hyoyan swordmaster area
- Player Housing
- Recycling house
- A pain in the ass way to get to the top of the mountain
- Tons of NPCs to talk to
- Marketplace
- Lots of ice sheets for skating (And/or breaking your hips)
- Cold shoulders for foreigners

Completed features:
- Cold shoulders for foreigners
- Player Housing; current count: [18]

To Do List:
- Get permission to make Hyoya
- Bury the entire town in two feet of snow
- At least one more player house variation
- Decorating empty areas with rocks/trees/frozen corpses
- Figure out where NPC housing is going to be
- Finish the temple grounds
- Fffffffaggin' curly roads
- Animate the waterfall properly (Maybe the river too? Help)
- Interiors
- Make sure density/high are as they should be
- More ice rinks
- Use more NPC sprites than Tarson's for the ice statues
- Anything I haven't thought of / what gets suggested
- Fix janky pixel outcrops

Here's some screenshots from the current project. Quality in areas varies as I haven't touched on them yet. Everything is subject to change at the whims of my perfectionism.

[Image: G3oBKrq.png]
[Image: Y13et8W.png]
[Image: ZvYnO2w.png]
[Image: yb7jP9H.png]
[Image: OG9yhQV.png]
[Image: joB5wz3.png]
[Image: 8XXLQlI.png]
[Image: 6R59dau.png]

[Image: Nszw0id.png]

[Image: dZfADUV.png]

Any criticism, questions, or suggestions are appreciated. 
[-] The following 9 users Like MakeshiftWalrus's post:
  • Autumn, Blissey, Fern, Imotepchief, JamOfBoy, K Peculier, Miller, Sawrock, SpaceShibe
dude I want a ninja battle on that bridge SO BAD
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier
this looks freaking beautiful

i only have one small nitpick but i admittedly don't have any solution for it off the top of my head
[Image: L9mizhD.png]

IMO the positioning for the shop stall placements (the automatic shopkeeper squares) might look kind of awkward like that, but like i said i don't think i have any better ideas for it and it's not utterly jarring to me or anything

i think it's mostly the ones to the right, maybe you could put those two slightly closer to each other?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
(05-28-2021, 03:53 AM)Sawrock Wrote: dude I want a ninja battle on that bridge SO BAD
But they're gonna freeze their butts off in full spandex.

(05-28-2021, 05:26 AM)Fern Wrote: this looks freaking beautiful

i only have one small nitpick but i admittedly don't have any solution for it off the top of my head
[Image: L9mizhD.png]

IMO the positioning for the shop stall placements (the automatic shopkeeper squares) might look kind of awkward like that, but like i said i don't think i have any better ideas for it and it's not utterly jarring to me or anything

i think it's mostly the ones to the right, maybe you could put those two slightly closer to each other?
Are you thinking to move the left-most to the right, or the right-most to the left? (speaking of just the two right-most mentioned) I can fiddle around with it to see what looks best. Thanks for the praise, too.
I..I can't believe it, home is being made, I CAN FINALLY GO HOME!
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[Image: fCAdxS4.png]

If this one is moved closer to the one on the right somehow, it might look more visually satisfying. Might just be my personal preference though, so do what you feel is right of course! I think my main issue with it as is, is that the one shown in the screenshot feels out of place when compared with the positioning of all the other shopkeeper square locations because it's "isolated" from the others if that makes sense.

left-most to the right (out of the aforementioned right-most ones) is my vote
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
now, what would be really fun, is that the ice tiles would make your character slide like in a pokemon game.
Photo 
This would be my only suggestion to the market
[Image: 92ccf7919ba3215e033a217f206902f7.png]
While it does look pretty visually appealing and all.. It seems like too much open space, really. Like Alstalsia.
And like Alstalsia.. Where are you supposed to hang out and rp?
At the moment it'd be too much of a hassle to go around looking.

I'd suggest a square area at the least, a designated hangout spot like the other towns, which end up having rp happen, have.
As it is it'd be great if it was for another game! But.. Not with the player count we have, and how rp tends to happen. You might get some requests for rp in certain spots since currently lacking in snow-based rp, but.. I don't really see it being active at all with how it currently looks, feels like it was designed for something else entirely rather than SL2.
(06-08-2021, 08:12 PM)Illumi Wrote: While it does look pretty visually appealing and all.. It seems like too much open space, really. Like Alstalsia.
And like Alstalsia.. Where are you supposed to hang out and rp?
At the moment it'd be too much of a hassle to go around looking.

I'd suggest a square area at the least, a designated hangout spot like the other towns, which end up having rp happen, have.
As it is it'd be great if it was for another game! But.. Not with the player count we have, and how rp tends to happen. You might get some requests for rp in certain spots since currently lacking in snow-based rp, but.. I don't really see it being active at all with how it currently looks, feels like it was designed for something else entirely rather than SL2.
On the other hand maps like this are good for on map battles, like the black beasts