Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring Old Vampires (Trait Suggestion)
Its no secret that Vampires ended up a litttttle bit weaker than before when they got reworked, I feel as though currently it is really nice to be able to hide from Holy whenever you desire to, but I also think that Vampires are effectively worse humans when they're not utilizing their Sanguine Crest effects, this gives them a significant downside when you, for some reason, cannot activate Sanguine Crest, whether due to IC (such as in an arena fight) or due to other reasons like being unable to stand in 1 range of your opponent to banquet or life drain, or you simply cannot hit your opponent.

I'd like to propose a fun concept for Vampires to experiment with, one that really leads into the theme of what they are supposed to be in the lore, cunning subtle powerful creatures, with deadly combat potential and high influence over mind altering effects.

Quote:"Vampire's Cunning"

You are a much more subtle vampire than your peers, but you still enjoy the power attributed to you by your superior being. While you are not under the effects of Lunar Lunatism, you gain Critical Damage and Status infliction equal to 20% of your current Essence. However you will always suffer the effects of holy regardless on if Sanguine Crest is active.

This trait would allow them to gain on average 20-40% Critical damage, and 20-40 Status Infliction, and give usage for them to retain essence once again, as it stands currently, Silvermists is not good enough of a heal to really warrant building SAN for essence specifically, and the only reason Vampires would ever build SAN is for the banquet traits (Which again, for some, that may not be applicable for 90% of your fights)

The numbers or effect are subject to change obviously, but this is the sort of idea for a much more "Subtle" high power a vampire might have, giving them a more guile-like feeling.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Perdition, Snake
I'd want to suggest the opposite of that, too, if possible or applicable. In the end it feels like more like RP traits, so here goes.

Quote:"Vampiric Beast"
Mutually exclusive with Vampire's Cunning.

You are the type of Vampire who prefer avoiding fights all together, because every time you are set under its heavy pressure, you cannot contain your blood lust.

- At combat start, or whenever you join combat, you gain Sanguine Crest.
- Every time you use Banquet, Life Drain or proc Vampiric effects, the bonus stats of Sanguine Crest increase by 1. (Caps at 2 + Scaled SAN/7)
- If you use Banquet or Life Drain on a enemy suffering from Fear/Hesitation/Charm, inflict Drain LV (2+Scaled SAN/7) as a sub-status of these effects. (Prioritizes the one with the lowest duration.)

- Holy weakness and Light weakness are both increased by 25% upon taking this trait.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, Imotepchief, Miller, Perdition, Senna