Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know Pain
The Demon Hunter passive Know No Pain was changed recently to reduce damage reduction by the same amount as the flat reduction.

I'm wondering if that was needed considering the nerfs to damage reduction from defense.

More pressingly, this passive doesn't really make you tanky anymore, it just makes you stack rage faster. In fact, it makes you squishier against anything that does more than 100 damage (so most things). I've been playing a matador DH for a very long time and recently I've just been dropping the skill entirely. It just feels stronger even in physical damage matchups because I'll only be getting a single really strong retaliate anyway in most 1v1s. And in pve I rarely retaliate at all so it was more useful for the tankiness.

And yet, retaliate is so incredible in 1v1 pvp that it's still worth it by itself. But it's only really strong in those scenarios, and mainly for tank busting since it doesn't use weapon accuracy.

In addition, I want to add that the skills "goring horns", "crashing bull" and "bellowing stag" are very underwhelming. Those might need a bigger revisit. Though if matador dealt consistent damage, goring horns would make more sense.

So overall this is just another call to give DH some love, on the blue side of the color wheel
Dev did say Know No Pain will be changed in the future. Hopefully into a cool Parrying skill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]