Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castling
I believe it would be much more advantageous for a Black Knight if Castling were you move you beside an Ally instead of swapping places with them, the current Black Wind effect actively nerfs the skill as well, so I believe this might be a fine addition towards it.

The reason being that often enough, I would want to use Castling as a movement option to hop to an Ally within my range, to sacrifice them and/or use Protect as well. Swapping positions with them often does little in that respect, and only puts me in a position where am forced into a situation where I am required to use the Black Wind.
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier, Lewdcifer, PossumParty, Snake
All my yes. Gimme, gimme!
Sure, even though the act of Castling means swapping pieces around, it'd be more immersive if you could just peel for one of your allies. It'd give the Black Knight in question a more 'guardian'-esque vibe to always be there within range of a friend, or into combat with their allies who rushed ahead.

Nerf the Black, buff the Knight.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(06-22-2021, 05:53 AM)Snake Wrote: Sure, even though the act of Castling means swapping pieces around, it'd be more immersive if you could just peel for one of your allies. It'd give the Black Knight in question a more 'guardian'-esque vibe to always be there within range of a friend, or into combat with their allies who rushed ahead.

Nerf the Black, buff the Knight.

In that sense it still retains the chess vibe, as the rook moves beside the king, and you are using your allies as 'pieces' for your movement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
Yes please! I play a knight and wish to protect people more and this would be perfect.
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/FcLYgXCkucc[/video]
actually...it might be better if castling moved both you and the target towards two adjacent tiles in-between the two of you....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Ace