Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metallic and Magical Aegis
So, +8 Def or Res for four turns, for twenty FP, is gross and no one would ever use it.

Shields already do the job of the Aegis skills much better, as Guard is always available without Momentum usage, and doesn't cost FP to use. Shields also grant some form of elemental resistance, usually.

The cost of these skills need to be decreased, or the duration needs to be increased, or the effects made more powerful.

Or regular Shields made worse.
Shields are actually pretty shit. Especially a basic shield; +2 DEF -2 CEL for Guard? The only benefit out of that is mostly Guard. The same pretty much applies for Beldam Aegis, minus that fact it has up to 30% Lightning RES. So if anything, shields do not need to be worsened.

Aegis would be better if Curate had another innate to boost your Aegis' effect. Maybe a 3 rank skill; for every member in your party, you gain extra strength to Aegis.

As for Metallic Aegis, I don't know much about it, so I can't provide much input there. I assume that's the Magic Gauntlet one, right?
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
The Beldam Aegis, I believe, has +2 Def with no drawbacks.

The Blue Iron Shield has +3 Def with no drawbacks.
+2 def and lighting resist, its fucking amazing
It seems more like a problem with Guard then, so much than a +2 DEF on shields. That's why I'm more in favor of buffing the skills, than killing shields.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

I'm actualy using it, for that extra def is pretty nice. The best shields you can get are giving you less than an accessory and the fact you can choose inbetween the three skills, allows you to pick what's most suitable. I'm a BK, for clarification, so I don't have much FP to begin with, but it's still pretty handy if you ask me.

Perhaps, lowering the momentum cost to two would make it even more useful, if people really think it's bad.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5004#p5004 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:20 am[/url]"]I'm actualy using it, for that extra def is pretty nice. The best shields you can get are giving you less than an accessory and the fact you can choose inbetween the three skills, allows you to pick what's most suitable. I'm a BK, for clarification, so I don't have much FP to begin with, but it's still pretty handy if you ask me.

Perhaps, lowering the momentum cost to two would make it even more useful, if people really think it's bad.

Could I ask for the specs on it first before I make a concurrence? I don't know too much about the skill.

It costs three momentum to use, you get three skills. Metallic/Magical Aegis and Magical Shield. Aegis boosts +8 on either def/res...and magical shield gives you a balanced 4/4. Lasts four turns and costs the 20 FP as mentioned. While in effect, you get access to guard, which you can't otherwise use.

It's something I usualy use before my opponent gets to me, combined with other buff, or guard.
If it would be lowered to 2 momentum, it'd nicely compliment sharpen, or fleur crits etc. which would very increase it's usefulness.

Edit : Forgot to mention, you can only have one of these in effect.
I can see it being 2M for 10 - 15 FP, if that's the case.