Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP 'power'
Aware of that occuring, but now I'd like to point that the only remaining GMs are Sly and Chaos. I don't think that's an issue worth a mention anymore.
Dev stated prior that being a GM as nothing to do with actually running the events if he implimented the system, at best they'd moderate it and make sure it wouldn't get out of hand; but then again, Chaos created unlimited Ragaza, set Doraington on fire and... yeah so I don't think saying "so and so" is a fair point when everyone has made a mistake at one point or another.

Let's also not forget the giant goose army that jumped into the sky and exploded into chicken plates everywhere. So, yeah; nobody is really spare of mistakes in any aspect.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5021#p5021 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:12 pm[/url]"]Dev stated prior that being a GM as nothing to do with actually running the events if he implimented the system, at best they'd moderate it and make sure it wouldn't get out of hand; but then again, Chaos created unlimited Ragaza, set Doraington on fire and... yeah so I don't think saying "so and so" is a fair point when everyone has made a mistake at one point or another.

Let's also not forget the giant goose army that jumped into the sky and exploded into chicken plates everywhere. So, yeah; nobody is really spare of mistakes in any aspect.
Trying to point at anyone 'abusing' anything in SL1 is a moot point; every single person who had administrative abilities 'abused' them in some shape or form. (Dev did it the least, but he barely plays his own game in the first place) Now, were a good chunk of those abuses worth crying over? To be brutally honest, not really. Sure, they might sound like offenses to anyone who doesn't know the details. But that's just it; what actually explains the cases in full? What isn't someone just picking and choosing bits that sound bad to them and ignoring everything else? For something that long ago, it's more trouble than its worth.

Either way, I'd rather believe that the -mere, perhaps unlikely chance- of someone abusing something and ironing things out from that is far more doable than just going, "We should never change this so that nothing can happen." I'm not talking about the same kind of crap as equipment/skill/etc. balancing; those kinds of things are constantly subject to change, mostly from future additions. What can produce events and aid player RPs, however, is another matter entirely. Either something happens or nothing happens. You want things to be better? Something has to go in. You have to risk the chance that you -might- be wronged if you want things to turn for the better.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Not even going to try to touch on the subjects of 'abuse' or the like from SL1; given I never actually played SL1 prior to SL2.

However, I will openly support the idea that Sawrock put forward. I'd personally like the idea of GM's working with the community in-game further by finding people whom are applicable for it. How much power should be given, and the amount of influence they should have though is tough to pin down. No matter what you'd want to go for the option with the least amount of 'abuse' room to make, whilst still making the villain or organization, or whatever the focus of the 'event' would be, a threat. Though that much is obviously apparent already.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
It'd be nice and genuinely more open to RP if these people had their own Town that was 'static' as you call it. Give them a power-base where they can be accepted, brood and commerce with others who are considerably cruel hearted.

You could add an'Alignment' option for characters. It could be used to define your standing with cities/places relevant to that. You could implement a system that requires an event or some serious roleplay/confirmation characterwise in order to change said alignment - as to not mess up peoples corrupted roleplays or fall of grace whatnot.

That's my two bits. I definately also think having events that supported evil characters and GM help would be wonderful. I've been a 'DM' or esentially a 'GM' on some Public Games before. Roleplay centric games - and I've given people these chances to flourish. The biggest problem I have seen with sigrogana is the player meta, honestly.

Nobody knows how to consider themselves powerful because there is a obvious and often struggle between mechanics / Roleplay determining how a fight should go down and who should win. It can honestly be frustrating in an environment like this - as you can openly see that there is no way to define 'power' beyond being a level 60 and obviously just winning a fight.

I've never seen anybody role play out a fight to go a certain way, or to work a certain way that made it fair - not from the community I've witnessed so far.

I really like what's been brought up here. I for one would play more evil characters if they didn't have a prejudice or disposition in the world setting.
I'm heavily againts any sort of alignment, hometown or such being anyhow mechanicaly. Along with changes to that, or anything. Because that'd require some sort of RP checks and would go againts what we currently have. It'd be a complete overhaul of system that's pretty freeform.

Power is defined by stats and then OOC (transformed to IC ) wits on how to fight, therefore it can vary quite easily. When someone roleplays an incredibly powerful being and doesn't have the stats and capabilities (Read : PvP tactics) to prove it, well, then you just have pretty bad roleplay. People have to realize that the mechanics in place do influence RP. (Often did I meet people that roleplayed having "incredible strenght" but when it came to stat comparison, I had atleast twenty more. Therefore, I was stronger even ICly. And if people don't want to accept that because "screw mechanics, we're here to RP, why are you bad in RPing wow go away", then that's pretty much bad judgement on their part. )
The point of it is this, they build their character to have, so we put a precise number, 70 STR. Hard to archieve, right? And then comes a roleplay fight, without any mechancis involved to simulate it. Yes. I believe I can win that armwrestling contest againts you. And judging by what I've seen, I can pretty much crush your puny arm without any effort. Try to RP a fight through that, when the person with mediocre strength poorly roleplays that they're capable of holding up againts me easily.

tl;dr - Stats define your raw capabilities. If there is a major difference, there's just no way around it. Which very few are actualy willing to admit, which is why people go straight for PvP. If the dicerolling had a some sort of a DnD style check for stats, IE. "LET'S ARMWRESTLE." X rolls for strength - Y rolls for strenght. X wins with style! THEN, it'd be applicable. (Not showing actual numbers, mind you. Perhaps of the roll, but not stats.) Not everyone is comfortable with sharing their stats, because well, meta. (I could see some pickpocketing being actualy done on a wider scale than "Can I please pickpocket you." "Bah fine." )

But it's not really what the topic is about, althrough something perhaps worth expanding on.