Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Fan Dancer Rogue Class?
=========================================
Hi- so uh. You're probably wondering why I've came up with this neat lil' idea-
Basic synopsis: I was looking at Daggers to use in a Summoner Build (don't ask) and found... Fans. With a very clear 'Subtype: Fan' painted on the description. So- I thought to myself... "Hey, if Kensei is the weeb dream with the sole thing being K a t a n a, why not another class that solely draws inspiration from Oniga culture?"
Mind you, I do realize that the 'Oniga culture' bit is a terrible idea considering there's already a 'representative' for Oniga on the class list (You could say BK is the Chatarunga rep as well, and... Well- I'm not gonna explain Karaten's possible bit) buT THAT'S NOT THE POINT-
Eh- uh- "Enough talk, have at thee!"

Obviously, the main weapon you're using here is Daggers- or at least, Fans. Void Assassin has it's teleportation tricks, Spellthief has it's quirky thieving antics, Engineer has it's bots... So what would Fan Dancer have that the others don't?

Dodging. Or- ahem. Dancing, to be more specific.
Now I know what you're thinking- that would mean that the Fan Dancer would be H*LLA weak to Autohits. Yes, yes, I know. I haven't thought that far yet- and no, I'm not gonna start spamming the Suggestions with class ideas either with half-baked class ideas.
AHEM- sorry for the repeated sidetrack-
MAIN GIMMICK:
My idea for this? A Dodging-based Gauge where the more you 'dance' (Enemies miss you or Evasion triggers) the more the Gauge goes up. Let's call this Gauge the 'Beauty Gauge' for now- it could be similar to the Tactician's Performance Ranking in terms of Grading how beautiful you're 'Dancing' or it could work off points like VA's Void Energy. Personally? I prefer Tact's style of Gauge. It feels simpler and easier to understand. Perhaps the more your Beauty Gauge rises up, the more Evade you're boosted with? Either way- Celerity is obviously going to be an absolute must here.
Now- I have a few ideas on Skills and such-

SKILLS:
Note: Most are assumed to be Rank 1, or so.
  • Chakram Art: Passive Skill. Allows Shuriken-type weapons (and possibly Fist Weapons?) to be used in place of Fans for Skill purposes.
  • Yomi Summoning: Offensive Skill. A Cursed Dance that summons Malicious Spirits from the Void/Lazerus/ehhhhh to tear apart foes. Does Magic ?% Dark Damage + ?% Scaled Weapon ATK in 3-range circle.
  • Catch, Close, Disarm: Passive Skill. Parry Skill. Catch an enemy's weapon and/or appendage inside your fan, before closing, twisting, and breaking it. When attacked by an enemy in 1 Range while using a Fan Weapon, inflict a damage debuff on the enemy while raising your Beauty Gauge by a stage.
  • Heartbreaker: Innate Skill. Inflicts more damage on anyone with a Charmed status effect, doubly so if the Fan Dancer was the one whom caused it (or something do with Charm at least- bonus points if it somehow actually makes Lilu an actual reason to pick up a Summoner Sub-class)
  • Grotesque Diva: Offensive Skill. Resets the Beauty Gauge. The Fan Dancer's Last Resort, only to be used for the most annoying of audience members. Deals ?% Scaled Weapon Damage + ?. Bonus: ? per Beauty Gauge Stage.
  • Audience Participation: When receiving a Buff from an Ally, Beauty Gauge goes up.
  • Discordance Dance: ^ but for when taking Sound Damage.
POSSIBLE STRENGTHS:
  • Could capitalize on Charm like an unstoppable Hexer.
  • Lots of Evasion, lots of Dodging.
  • Attention Grabbing.
  • Laughs at Sound Mages.
  • "Ooooohohohohoho!~"
POSSIBLE WEAKNESSES:
  • Didn't think up of any defence against Autohits. At all.
  • Also didn't think up of many details on what else Skills do.
  • Also didn't think a ton about what the Beauty Gauge really does for the Fan Dancer.
  • Ouji-sama is not pleased.
CLOSURE:
That is... All I have, per my ideas. Yeah, obviously there's a ton of stuff that needs working out, but hey, I think I did pretty good on setting up possibilities for a Fan Dancer class... Probably would help if I came up with ideas for Movement Options- but, anyway.
I uh. Yeah. I really tried to think about the other gimmicks each other class has, but I just... Well- I thought maybe something simple like Dodging a heckuva lot could be a good mechanic.
Now- you may be wondering. What's my inspiration?
. . . Anji Mito from Guilty Gear.
hahahahahahaa LOOK IT'S NOT MY FAULT IF ANJI'S PLAYSTYLE TRUMPS YOUR AGGRESSIVENESS OKAY-
============================================
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spiritlaw's post:
  • Shadbase
Prefer just a general bardic class that could incorporate fans as one of its "build paths"

Or maybe both why not. Bard on the curate or mage advancement. Dancer on the rouge Advancement

Otherwise this seems solid.
(06-22-2021, 09:08 PM)Kiranis Wrote: Prefer just a general bardic class that could incorporate fans as one of its "build paths"

Or maybe both why not.  Bard on the curate or mage advancement.  Dancer on the rouge Advancement 

Otherwise this seems solid.

aAaAaAaAh THANK YOU- I was honestly very hecking scared that my idea was subpar so thank you for thiisssss-- ;w;"

... Also- you might be onto something with Bard being in the Curate route- Bards tend to be supportive, after all.
The idea is good, really, but first we'd need a new Base Class that can evolve to those options. 'Musician' or whatever, that becomes Dancer / Troubadour / Dark Bard
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Spiritlaw
(06-25-2021, 05:43 PM)Snake Wrote: The idea is good, really, but first we'd need a new Base Class that can evolve to those options. 'Musician' or whatever, that becomes Dancer / Troubadour / Dark Bard

Now THAT'S an idea. I'd 100% be willing to sacrifice... uh... 2 character slots for a new base class like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spiritlaw's post:
  • Snake
I like Kunai's idea, though another possible name might be "Performer"
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F9...f=1&nofb=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like GalacticSeal's post:
  • Snake, Spiritlaw