Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetization - Expanded
For some time I was playing as a mage with a geomancer theme, wondering why most of my spells cant trigger magnetization. However, I just thought I had the wrong earth spells or combinations to make the magnetization trigger or to place them on enemies. I was asking people in OOC or venting my frustratation at the predicament.

However, as of recent - I have been led to believe I was in fact not only using the wrong spells / abilities / skills - but None of the mages magic commands even cause a magnetization effect. Only benefit from it being activated.

I am now kind of confused, and somewhat left wanting for this as a mage.

My suggestion would be that Isendo/Magaisendo/Stone Dragon added this effect, or Astral Belt caused it to those whom attacked the target as well as the mage/target becoming magnetized as well for the positive effects if there are any.

Why I like the idea of Astral belt doing this:

It could be used for WI/STR based 'Spell blade' classes as a form of tanking mechanic. It could be used to do more damage for mages with their abilities that already pay off well from it, or to add a new synergy with other classes. I know mages have good synergy already, but it's just a suggestion, after all.

Tell me what you think below!
I also think magnetize should be more accessible. It's admittedly a leftover mechanic from alpha but it's one I always intended to stick around or come back. Originally you got it from a skill called Magic Geode that caused all Earth damage you deal to inflict it. Since it now increases your Hit against the target, it might be too strong to do it off that. I don't know though, I will give it some thought, because it is something missing.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5052#p5052 Wrote:Neus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:33 am[/url]"]I also think magnetize should be more accessible. It's admittedly a leftover mechanic from alpha but it's one I always intended to stick around or come back. Originally you got it from a skill called Magic Geode that caused all Earth damage you deal to inflict it. Since it now increases your Hit against the target, it might be too strong to do it off that. I don't know though, I will give it some thought, because it is something missing.

Ah, good to have that sort of understanding now. I'm curious to see what you do with it whenever you figure out what it is you plan for it. I appreciate you taking the time to notice my suggestion.
I'm thinking about making all Earth damage inflict Magnetize with a LV equal to half of the damage for 2 rounds if you are enchanted with Galren (Badge doesn't count).
That sounds great, because I've always wanted Magnetize to actually do something and make Astral Belt worthwhile. Although, should it not have a cap if so? Just pointing that out because CM Magaisendo or the like...
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!